Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
You mean this? Look at paragraph 2.0.
Dave, I got the expression from A'ndrea's post.

Quote:
The only horrible experience we have ever encountered was coral reef poisoning in Cozumel. Now, that was nasty. Bugs or insects, never.
Perhaps coral reef poisoning affected A'ndrea's health. The use of cyanide etc to kill reef fish had a bad effect on her health after snorkeling in the area. Hopefully she will read this post and give more information. If this is true I am concerned that an excursion would include a place that uses harmful chemicals to kill fish.

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 08-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Banned

I read the article.

We had to summon the doctor to our hotel room while honeymooning. Both my husband and I experienced small broken blood vessels throughout our legs. It was painful and horrendous looking.

We were told by the doctor that he was making many "house calls" in the El Presidente that morning.

He prescribed an oral and a topical for us both. Our honeymoon pictures are not pretty from the waist down.

He explained that a storm out at sea usually breaks apart the reefs, and, as it comes to shore, it rubs against your legs, thus breaking the vessels.

We were 25 years old at the time. We bought into what he said. What did we know.

A'ndrea
Old 08-22-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fivepoints:
I would have a nervous breakdown if I looked down while at the beach and saw critters crawling on my feet and legs...
Don't worry fivepoints, you won't see them at all. That is why they are also called, "noseeums".
Old 08-22-2007, 10:17 PM

...I'll answer you in a sec. For some reason my lower legs just started to itch...
Old 08-22-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
lol fivepoints... I have never had a problem with either of them. I am more worried about critters in the water than on the sand. (blasted sea urchins!)
Dearest Dr.,
Where do these alleged urchins hang out with regard to their proximity to us tourists??? Are they like crabs, lurking in the sand at high tide? Or does one have to seek them out in deeper waters???
Signed,
Paranoid
Old 10-30-2007, 11:20 AM

I know in sept when in dominican I was bit by something on the foot , and my foot swelled up and hurt. when I got home I took benilyn for allergies and it went away. so if you are worried take some benilyn with you just in case you get bit.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:45 PM

Of all the ports we've been to and all the beaches we've sat on, I've not even once seen a sand flea or had anything bite me.

Closed Thread

Tags
al, alaska, birmingham, bugs, cape, caribbean, carribean, cod, flea, fleas, flies, flys, island, sand, sandflies