Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 10:43 AM

I am visiting Half Moon is August and have seen that you can rent Cabana's for the day (5 hours that is).

We are 5 adults and two infants. I just wanted to know what one of these cabana's goes for. I have heard from 250$ to 500$ which seems pretty steep.

Anyone with past experience or knowledge of these Cabanas would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 03-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Administrator

The base price is for four people and is somewhere near the $250 range, maybe a little less. They charge extra for additional people, which I'd assume is $60-$75. Not sure if infants count against the headcount.

According to the Carnival website you can only book these aboard the ship. I do know they have very few of them (like maybe less than a dozen cabanas).
Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 AM

thanks!! Pretty pricey!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 01:40 PM

I did this once and vowed to tell others not to...because it was SO WONDERFUL I didn't want them to be booked when I wanted to do this again!

I think it was about $200 for 4 and then extra for additional people (so they supply more drinks), but they don't really care how many people hang out in the cabana. They're pretty solid structures with a fan and air conditioner, table with 4 chairs and two lounge chairs. They supply sodas and/or water, veggies and dip, chips and salsa, and fruit. There is also snorkel equipment you can use.

I rented cabanas mainly because my 80 yr old parents were with us, and I thought it would be miserable for them on the beach in a chair all day. With two infants, I think the cabana would be ideal - comfortable and out of the sun.

I was with a large group and the biggest complaint was that some of them booked shore excursions all day and didn't get to enjoy the beach and cabanas.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:55 AM

Hi IsabellaSM, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I have friends that wouldn't be without a cabana, they loved them. I just can't justify the price or air conditioning on a beach However, I do think with older people or children involved, it's probably a great idea. Thank you so much for sharing your information. We hope to see you on board more often. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:40 AM

I had the yellow one about three weeks ago and this is first class all the way. Sun when you want it and the most comfortable lounge chairs. Chips and dip with fruit and a refrigerator full of soada and water. Two hammocks to choose from and a great view. That is one beautiful island. The sand was incredible.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:00 AM

Hi,

I am on the HAL. I booked the yellow cabana without butler service.... I have some questions:

Is it hard to become your own food?
Is it hard to become drinks (like pina colada) and do I have to pay for that...?

Tnx!
Karen (Holland)
Old 05-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Remember the island is small...you are within walking distance to the bar and the nice lunch that is served!We walked the whole place...saw and petted the horses...and took beautiful pictures!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:45 AM

Hi meijk, welcome to Cruise-Chat. The pina colada will be a charge, but they bill it to your cabin via the sign and sail card. The bar-b-que they have on the island is free. It will not be far to walk to the bar or to the buffet lines. Half Moon Cay is a beautiful private island. Congratulations on your up-coming cruise! Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 05-31-2009, 09:23 AM

Tnx! So we don't need the butler service? Are there still "cabana boys"? We are so pleased to go there next Christmas!!!

Karen

Closed Thread

Tags
cabana, cabanas, cay, cruise, extra, grand, half, kay, kids, location, map, moon, pay, people, review, sun