Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 08:18 PM

I found this note on a cruise review on this site from a cruiser who was on the Holiday's 2007-2008 New Years' sailing:

"The following day was Calcia. Announcements the night before indicated that upon arrival, port authorities would board the ship and clear us to debark. Unfortunately, there was never an announcement after arrival. It was only when we saw other guests going ashore from our stateroom window that we proceeded. We visited Xcaret and it was wonderful. Oddly enough, Holiday no longer offers online purchase of this excursion prior to sailing. We asked about this and were told it can only be purchased onboard. Fearing a sell-out, we purchased these tickets independently. When we boarded the ship, I noticed there was no literature, mention or promotion of, or even a purchase option for Xcaret. I asked if the park was operating and I was told that Holiday did not offer this excursion. Since I didn't ask if they offered it, I asked my question again and was told that if I wanted to do that excursion, I could take a cab and would be on my own. I thought it strange that Holiday would choose not to provide any information or even mention such an incredible, world-renowned park, especially since it is a stone's throw from the ship."
Old 01-20-2008, 05:15 AM
Administrator

It would never sell-out since it is continuous bus runs back and forth and I can't imagine there being a limit on participants. Personally Xcaret isn't high on my list of favorite places, but since it is adjacent to the pier I wouldn't worry about it and just get a cab or book the tour on the pier with the locals. Perhaps this is a marketing decision by Carnival in order to boost sales of other tours that often are undersold.

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, calica, carnival, cost, cruise, excursion, excursions, park, pier, review, reviews, shore, stop, tour, xcaret