Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 PM

Hello! I'm new here ... we're planning to explore San Juan before our sailing, but don't want to lug our luggage around town. Is there anywhere safe to store luggage at the port, the day of our cruise departure? Thanks!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-09-2007, 02:48 PM

A restaurant called Barrachina advertises they will hold luggage from 9am-5pm. Look here
Old 10-09-2007, 04:11 PM

...abd free wifi service also.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
A restaurant called Barrachina advertises they will hold luggage from 9am-5pm. Look here
This is great information. I was wondering the same thing and hoping the Radisson where I have booked the night before would hold it. My other option was to have my daughter sneak the bags on board through the crew gangway. After all the ship docks early in the morning. But I like to do things on the up and up.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BeachBride2007:
Hello! I'm new here ... we're planning to explore San Juan before our sailing, but don't want to lug our luggage around town. Is there anywhere safe to store luggage at the port, the day of our cruise departure? Thanks!
Beachbride, when do you cruise? My wife and I are booked on Destiny Jan 27 as you can see from the ticker. Might you be on the same run?

And oh yes, where are my manners. Welcome to Cruise Chat
Old 10-11-2007, 06:00 AM
there is an easy way!!!
ok you can leave your luggage there but,
why no boarding the ship early and then go and explore?
So you know you can board ship,

Tips:

* Carnival Destiny at 11:30 am. you can do all the check in at that time but, you will have to wait on port for 12:30-1:00 pm. to enter ship. By that time there are no lines, if you try to board ship at 2;30 pm you will have to wait a long time, in line and by the time you enter ship it will be a to late to see much of old San Juan!!!

* Remember if you enter the ship early you can make all the arrangement of your dinner table seating, even can change your table number if you wait until 2:30 pm there is no options for you and changes will be more difficult.

* Adventure of the Seas (RCCL)is almost the same case, you can go to port at 11:30 am and will board ship by 12:30 - 1:00 pm. no problem

why this way is better?

Well you can hit the buffet and take a shower before going to San Juan.

Also your luggage will be at your cabin early.
I remember that I had my luggage by 3:30pm so no trouble at all I even had my tours on my cabin during sunday night.

If you are going to buy tours using carnival tours do it before boarding on their site!!!

If you need any advice please let me know,
I am from Puerto Rico and I already make some posts about my beautiful island, Carnival Destiny and their ports of call.

Casanova
Old 10-15-2007, 12:11 PM

Wow, thanks for all the tips everyone! Looks like we have a few great solutions to look into. I will definitely check what time we can board the ship, I didn't know we could do that and then get off again to go exploring.

And thanks for the welcome ... we are on Celebrity Summit, leaving Feb 2nd. Our second cruise, and first with Celebrity!

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
bags, checkin, cruise, jaun, juan, leave, left, luggage, port, puerto, rico, safely, san, ship, store, town