Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 06:46 AM

Anyone ever call home from Progresso and/or Cozumel?? Please fill me in on the most inexpensive way to "check in" back home. I don't know if a phone card is the way to go or not. I plan to check with my cell company, Verizon, to see what they have to offer. Any suggestions will be appreciated greatly!
Old 11-26-2006, 11:49 AM

Most cell phone services do have a plan for Mexico - check with yours for pricing options first and be aware that cell phone service in Mexico tends to be sporadic. I would not buy an international phone card from home. Wait until you arrive in the port and purchase one of the phone cards sold in Mexico for long distance calling - usually the least expensive way to phone home. You will also find that international phone/internet cafes at the port often offer phone services for a minimal amount of money.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-26-2006, 12:07 PM

Hello. My mom and her best friend go to mazatlan every year for 2 weeks. Last year, her bestfriend "Lory" was told one thing by her cell phone company, and ended up getting charged hundreds of $, that she is fighting them on. I personally would go to a internet/phone cafe to call home. You pay when you are done with the call. This summer I used the phone cafe to stay in touch, when we were in the Galapagos Islands and Peru, the connection was great. With a phone card, you might end up paying for more minutes than you really need. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
calling, card, cards, cruise, forums, galapagos, international, internayional, mexican, mexico, phone, ratings, reviews, suggestions, telephone