Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by MsBrendaB:
Unlike Dave I found I enjoyed climbing Dunn's River Falls more on my own - the whole hand holding thing for me was more difficult and much less fun. However, I am a bit of a risk taker, so the group guide thinkg would probably be better for someone that has any fear.
Brenda
Hi Brenda,

I guess that is why I don't understand the allure of the rock climbing walls on the RCCL ships!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:04 AM

I'd like to tell you to give it a try as we had a blast climbing the falls but with your condition it's probably not worth the risk. If you do climb it just be aware that you'll have to step up quite high from rock to rock & they are slippery. Everybody holds hands in order to support each other but you'll have to lift yourself to each new level. Don't forget water shoes.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:57 AM

Just out of curiosity, approximately how long does it take to climb the falls?

Pat
Old 12-23-2005, 11:50 AM

Pat,
Three of us climbed the falls on our own in about an hour. If you go with one of the guides in a group, it takes more like 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on the group size and their various physical abilities.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-27-2005, 12:37 PM

Hey there, i Just did the falls last week and i thought it was amazing and one of the highlights of my entire vacation. There were 4 of us in our group and our guide apparently could sence our reluctance to go in a group and hold hands and he took us up as individuals and we climbed some of the harder parts of the falls. Yes, the Rocks are VERY slippery in places and there are many steep drops in the pools of water that are not visible. we left with some sprained ankles and a number of bruises but we felt it was worth it. (especially since we were up the falls in about 15-20 minutes). If you do have physical ailments, i would recommend the group which would help you up the falls, also the groups tend to hug the edge of the falls where the water current is not as great and your closer to the exits if you needed to stop 1/2 way through.

Closed Thread

Tags
active, climb, climbing, climng, cruiseaddicts, difficult, dunn, dunns, falls, falss, guide, river, shoes, swim, walkway