Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2002, 12:56 PM

Need information on this port stop, many have posted about an island visit to Belize, some cruise reviews are not favorable to this port. Looking at a group with this port stop, need some info from someone who visited this port on a cruise.

thanks much
Old 07-20-2002, 12:56 PM

Need information on this port stop, many have posted about an island visit to Belize, some cruise reviews are not favorable to this port. Looking at a group with this port stop, need some info from someone who visited this port on a cruise.

thanks much
Old 08-10-2002, 12:21 PM

I have been to Belize once before aboard NCL and we snorkeled with the stingrays. Boy, was it fun. I am going back in October for a "girls cruise out" and we plan on doing the same excursion. The county is so beautiful you will certainly enjoy. I suggest booking an excursion.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:45 PM

Christine, I had a client who visited Belize (land visit, not a cruise) recently. She loved it, very relaxing and beautiful, with interesting natural and historic sites. If you are not used to visiting developing countries, you would be best off with a shore excursion, but hopefully you will have a choice of several. Snorkeling and scuba are excellent here, weather permitting, and if you are into Mayan ruins or wish to see some jungle-like areas, Belize has some wonderful examples. Some interesting caves to visit as well, if you enjoy those. Wear sunscreen (the sun is intense, my client said), take insect repellent (mosquitos inland, sand fleas on shore), but enjoy!
Karen
Old 08-11-2002, 09:15 PM

Have a friend that has been there twice for diving. There really isn't much to do if you're not into water sports. Also, check the State Department website, as crime is a VERY big issue there. I know from reading other sites, that some people say no problem, but others say the opposite. Just be careful, and have a good time.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:21 AM

Crime is probably a bigger issue in Belize City than on the Cayes. Best bet is to take a shore excursion and be with a group from the ship. I disagree with Susie, that the only thing there is water sports. If shore excursions are offered to the interior (there are several butterfly farms, some Mayan ruins and incredible birding in the forested interior) you may want to consider them if you are not into snorkeling or diving. Just use common sense with valuables and keep them on you; most likely you will be ok. My client said nothing about crime as a problem and she spent all her time in Belize on Caye Caulker and in the interior.
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2002, 07:24 AM

I went to Belize City on Carnival Spirt in January 2002. It is not a very developed city yet (very rustic). Souvenirs are hard to find. I would probably take a shore tour here. A lot of passangers on my ship were very disappointed with Belize. However, I enjoyed myself. I would like to go back, however, I would probably go to a resort!

Closed Thread

Tags
belize, carnival, city, crime, cruise, good, port, portstop, review, reviews, ship, ships, stop, stops, visited