Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 09:43 AM

Well, I have read ALL of the posts on the Cave Tubing in Belize. I think we have decided NOT to use the Carnival Excursion for a couple of reasons. 1 - the cost is so much more, and 2 - my 10 year old son can't go if we booked through Carnival.

Therefore, I need to choose an independent company to do the cave-tubing. Now, my problem is which one to use. I think I saw at least four, maybe five different companies that people have written about using.

How do you choose? Which one is the most professional? The most reliable? Which one will guarantee we won't miss the ship afterwards?

Does anyone have any advise on how I can research each of these companies? Does the Belize government regulate them?

We are cruising in early April, so I have time to do a little research before hand. I'd like to know the good and the bad of these companies!!

THANKS!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Administrator

I wouldn't count on a lot of regulation of the operators by the government of Belize. However, Reggie's Tours are highly recommended. I've not used him but I know many who have and they say he is great. I believe you can reach him at regtour.com.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:30 PM

Have you heard anything about action boys belize? That seems to be the one I've heard about the most.

Also, what do you do with your belongings? Do you bring a towel with you? What about your cruise card, credit card, cash? What do you do with those personal belongings that you CAN'T lose? Any suggestions? Please!!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:08 PM

I have not heard of "Action Boys" I used Reggie. But feel free to choose whomever you'd like.

There is a place to change at the entrance to the park (Its a national park). The tour operators have someone there at the parking area to watch the vehicles so we just left shoes and cover ups and whatever we didn't wear into the river in the locked van. (Towels too)

I carried our sign and sail cards, and credit cards/money in a water proof case that was tied to my waste. If you cruise or go to water parks, this type of waterproof case is invaluable. You can get one at a dive store. Bring water shoes. You have to walk about 3/4 mile in the jungle to get to the entry point and while in the river, it doesn't hurt to have something protecting your feet (there are places you have to walk across the river)

What else do you want to know?
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-23-2008, 05:14 AM

Thanks for the info Jim!! I will look into getting the water proof case. And thanks for the other advise. I'm real excited about doing this. I guess I shouldn't worry too much about making sure Reggie gets me back to the ship on time, right? Just the thought of it makes me hold my breath a bit, but I think I should be able to relax. I know that these guys do this almost daily and don't have trouble with getting people back to their ships. Otherwise, I would hope that I would have heard some "nightmare" stories on this website.

Thanks again! I will be sure to post my experience once we get back.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 AM

There is plenty of tiem for the excursion. Reggie has more than one van so if there is engine problems, he will get you back on time.

To put it in perspective, we booked with Reggie and somehow a misunderstanding during the booking had us down for the wrong date. We showed up at the pickup point and no Reggie. After waiting 30 minutes I called him and he managed to pull in tour guides to get us the tour despite not being ready for us. He had another taxi driver/tour operator drive us out to meet with his van coming from another direction (he paid for that) took us on an extra long tubing run for the trouble AND got us back into town early enough to take us on a shopping tour for about an hour and a half and we were still back on the ship with comfortable margin.

So don't worry about the time. The drive to the caves is about an hour, so if your trip is scheduled for as early as you can (if your ship gets in at 8AM, schedule it for 8, the tour operators know the drill and will wait for you to get off the ship) If the ship is there say 8 to 5, you will have buffer time.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
10, action, belieze, belize, boys, excursion, excursionreviews, excursions, mexico, operators, rccl, review, reviews, wait, year