Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2006, 08:49 AM

Does Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel offer "beach" snorkeling or do you have to go on some type of off shore boat excursion? I am not looking for great snorkeling ... just a place for someone who has never snorkeled before to try it.

We were planning to go to Chankanaab Park but I understand it's still not in very good shape and I hate to pay the entry fees just to see about the snorkeling.

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:34 AM

I was told Mr. Sanchos did not reopen. You might want to make sure, but Paradise Beach offers a snokel trip on their own catamaran right form the beach. Go to www.paradisecozumel.com and read about it. We loved the beach, but didn't know about the snorkel trip until it was too late.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:43 AM

You might also check on Xel-ha. It is great snorkeling without having to get into a boat to reach the snorkeling area. You'll have to ferry from Cozumel, but it's land travel the rest of the way. The snorkeling was fantastic there, not sure if they had damage or not from the hurricane. Just a thought.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:45 AM

Am sorta in the same position. Chankanaab $16 entry. Paradise free entry but $35 for 2 hour snorkel. I understand from the site that Paradise is a beach, where Chank. had a little reef for sure, have been there. So I am leaning towards Paradise as something new. what's a few bucks to swim with the fishies?
Old 09-29-2006, 01:53 AM

I agree with Paridise beach. From what I have read seems great. Chankaab park looked the best but after seeing recent photos, I think I will mark it off the list.
http://www.cozumelparks.com.mx/eng/about-wilma.asp
this is the site I found with the photos , hope it helps, and as you can see, it looks pretty bad.

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts
Old 09-29-2006, 02:15 AM

I too am waiting on a positive review. I loved Chankanaab..what a loss

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cozumel, good, horseback, mr, mrsanchos, review, reviews, riding, sanchos, santos, shore, snorkel, snorkeling, snorkling