Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 07:48 PM

I'm trying to find something to take my twin 9 yr olds to. We really don't want to do ruins and my son wants to limit shopping as much as possible. I've read a lot of posts and can't come up with many options. There are not many excursions listed.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:42 AM

There isn't a whole lot to do in Progreso. The ruins are closer than trying to get to Tulum from Cozumel, though. Maybe just do another beach day. I don't know, the kids might really enjoy climbing around on the ruins. We went to the ones in Tulum, they were fantastic. Haven't been to the ones in Progreso, but have heard they were pretty good.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:48 AM

Hi twnzmom. Dzibilchaltun ruins is not a full day excursion, as it is only about a 35-40 minute bus ride from the terminal. Wife and I (50's) booked thru Carnival (just to be on the safe side) and had a very, very enjoyable excursion. The bus was air conditioned and the tour guide was very knoweledgable in the Mayan culture. After a short introduction to the site, we divided into two smaller groups for the walking tour, then we had about an hour on our own for exloring, climbing, taking pictures, museum etc. The bus got us back to the terminal around 1:00 for a quick burger on the lido and then back to the shopping center there at the dock. You can also take a short, inexpensive bus ride around the city, but it doesn't last long. Not enough to keep kids excited. Other than the ruins, most people opt for a beach day. I think Carnival still offers a combo ruins/Mexican rodeo with lunch included. Just enjoy yourself whatever you choose to do!

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, advise, cruise, excursion, excursions, mexico, progreso, progresso, reviews, tips