Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 01:54 PM

We're doing cruise number...who knows!! and have done much of the "touristy" excursions and am now looking for some real local treasures, whether it be dining, drinking, activity or sightseeing.

Last year we discovered Dave's Lobster Shack in Ocho Rios...and when I write shack..I mean shack! But...the best lobster or crab you will EVER have! It's that sort of thing I'm looking for.

The ports are...
Ocho Rios - Jamaica
Georgetown - Grand Cayman
Cozumel - Mexico
Old 04-01-2008, 02:46 PM

There's some really great snorkeling in Grand Cayman right near where you tender to. There are some dive shops that will let you use their dock space to get into the water. I love 7 mile beach, but there have been a lot good reviews about Rum Point. My favorite Margarita spot is Fat Tuesdays in Cozumel. If you haven't been to Xel-ha, there's really great snorkeling there. Ocho Rios, I don't venture out on my own.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:41 PM

In Grand Cayman, try "Billy's" for a meal. Great jerk chicken, etc.

Closed Thread

Tags
cozumel, daves, lobster, ocho, rios, shack