Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 04:14 PM

Could anyone tell me if we are allowed to snorkel at Coco Cay, using our own life jackets or do we have to pay for the ones used by the cruise line? We had thought we would bring our own but if we cant use them , there is no point. What is the cost of the RC life vests ?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 PM

Yes, you can snorkel at CocoCay...If I remember correctly, it was around $5-$10 to rent the equipment if you didn't have your own...it was very reasonable.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-12-2007, 06:46 AM

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question...yes you can use your own equipment to snorkel at CocoCay, but if you choose to rent it is very reasonable.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-15-2007, 02:39 PM

We got 2 and shared. They are listed at $29 for adults.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 04-15-2007, 04:05 PM

Hi Shelby,
Can you clarify something for me? I was told by someone else on this chat line that a vest only cost $6.00
Is $29 the price for renting the whole set of snorkel gear; mask , snorkel, fins and vest?
I also read that you were not allowed to snorkel at Coco Cay without a vest ? Is this also wrong?
I am getting very confused as to what is right and what is wrong. My daughter is going to bring their vests if the price is $29 but wont bother if the vest is $6.
can you help us with this? Thansk so much.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:23 PM

Webooked ours from home and we didn't inquire as to vests only. We took one snorkel and one mask. We rented 2 sets of gear at $29 each. The set consisted of snorkel, mask, vest, and fins. They also gave you a brief explanation of how to use them and where the 2 sunken vessels are located(but it is easy to find without that information).

We had 3 people out at a time. 2 kids with vests and my husband without. I also saw others without and no one said anything to them...but it may depend on the day/lifeguards so don't quote me on that.

I didn't see anywhere that said you could rent just a vest. If you have space I would bring one just in case. It was neat. I saw alot of fish and a stingray. It was right off the main beach and better than Nassau right off the beach like we did last time. I'm glad we did it becasue we also had a snorkel at a reef in Nassau but it got cancelled because of a lightening storm.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 04-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

Shelby, I haven't been snorkeling at CocoCay in 10 years. From what I remember, it was pretty shallow water. We spent most of the time on our bellies. Has it changed? I do recall that it was the most beautifully surreal spot where the tender dropped us off. A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, bringing, cay, coco, cococay, cost, equipment, gear, jacket, life, locations, mask, price, snorkel, snorkeling, vest