Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 05:12 AM

Help needed with scheduling a barrier reef snorkel in Belize. I went to book the Barrier Reef Snorkel & Beach Break through RCI on Sunday and found that although our ship is scheduled to arrive at 9:00am on 4/10, this excursion has only a 7:00am scheduled time. I called RCI and am waiting on an answer. In the meantime, I would appreciate any recommendations for snorkeling areas and the companies that would be recommended to pick us up at the ship. Input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-26-2007, 06:05 AM
Banned

Hi Peter, we've done the Goff's Cay snorkel. Have you looked into that? Small, pristine island. Food and beverage available. Reminds me of Gilligan's Island a little bit. It's this petite island, which you can pretty much see over to the other side, in the middle of the ocean. Great reefs, beach, tropical fish. I would say we snorkeled in approx. 25-30 feet of water.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:55 AM

Thanks Andrealovescurising for the reply.
Questions: When did you snorkel there? Who did you book with?
What ship were you on; and did they pick up at the ship? What was mode of cruising there? Have you done others on Belize.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply...

Did find out a little more from the wife; contacted RCI twice now and they figure that I would have to book when we get on board.
Don't want to take the chance and not snorkel in Belize.

FOR INFO: Cruise ship is always on the time from port sailed out.
Itinery; port times, are on same time. Tour times reflect the ports time zone...Since we are out of Miami and Belize does not follow DST, we drop anchor at 9:00am DST and the tour is scheduled for 7:00am Belize time which means we are there and gone on tour ASAP. Wow.. Thats the word I got..

Peter1

Old 03-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Banned

Hi Peter. We were on Carnival's Imagination the first time 3 years ago. Second time was Carnival's Elation in 2006. We booked directly through Carnival. Excursion price included equipment, although we carry our own. There is no pier in Belize. We were tendered by the excursion boat to Goff's Cay. The excursion boat was a newer vessel, approximately 35 feet long with 2 levels to the boat. The excursion guides were a lot of fun. Once our excursion ended and we were tendered back to our ship, we still had plenty of time to hop on a boat to the mainland and get a little shopping in before our ship left Belize.
It was surreal to see this little island, surrounded by nothing but water for as far as the eye can see. It was breathtaking. We have only snorkeled at Goff's Cay and we would go back again in an instant. Hope this helps you out.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:41 AM

ALC, thanks for your quick reply and info.
We decided to take our chances and booked on line for the RCI snorkel to Turnefee Cay I believe its called. After hearing about the times and all figured that if it is offered by RCI on their excursion web would go ahead and book it and see if they give us a confirmation.
Again, thanks for your quick and informative replies.

Peter1

Old 03-27-2007, 05:23 AM
Banned

peter, when you get back home please let me know your thoughts on Turnefee Cay and the reefs. Have a great cruise.
Andrea
Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 AM

ALC, wife did book this online thru RCI yesterday and we are just waiting to see if she gets confirmation on this.
If we do this one, I will try to remember and send out a quick post about the Cay.

Peter1

Closed Thread

Tags
barrier, belize, caye, cays, cruise, gilligans, goff, goffe, goffs, island, reef, review, reviews, snorkel, snorkeling