Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 10:05 AM

Does anybody know, From cozmel going to xcaret with the cruise ship on an excursion, wondering if once we get their will we be on are own for the day and meet at the end of the day at A certain time, so we can plan are own day there, or will we have to stay together as a group with the crusie line. Wanted to book swim with the dophins on my own at xcaret. But wanted go with the ship to Xcaret since it is a ditance from the port. Thanks in advance for the help
Old 01-23-2006, 10:05 AM

Does anybody know, From cozmel going to xcaret with the cruise ship on an excursion, wondering if once we get their will we be on are own for the day and meet at the end of the day at A certain time, so we can plan are own day there, or will we have to stay together as a group with the crusie line. Wanted to book swim with the dophins on my own at xcaret. But wanted go with the ship to Xcaret since it is a ditance from the port. Thanks in advance for the help
Old 01-24-2006, 09:07 AM
Administrator

You will not have to stay together with those from your ship. The ship gets you to Xcaret and then you are on your own. They'll tell you when and where to meet up for the return to the ship. On ships that dock at Calica, which is next door to Xcaret, they run a complimentary shuttle bus every half hour so people can return to the ship whenever they want.

Xcaret is a huge place and it is easy to lose your bearings. Keep a map with you, and bring lots of small bills. They take dollars but you will most likely get change in pesos - at least that has been our experience in the two times we have visited this park.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:18 PM

Thanks Dave, We will be going there from cozmel,were going to go to chanakaab park but the dolphin facility is still down from the hurricane. Do you think Xcaret is worth are whole day in cozmel. On the carnival website said it is 40 min ferry ride to the main land. Thanks again
Old 01-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Administrator

I like Cozumel a lot - to the point that I wouldn't even go to the mainland if my ship was in Cozumel. However, that is me and you want to do the dolphin encounter - and Xcaret is the closest place you can do that. So go to Xcaret and relax and spend the day. You can spend more time on Cozumel on your next cruise!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:57 AM

Thats a shame about Chanakaab Park. We have been there twice, and the snorkeling there is fantastic. My wife did the "snuba" (combination of snorkeling and scuba diving)there as well. I hope they are up and running soon as we are going back in May!! You may also want to consider Xel Ha to visit. Its very nice and geared more toward "in the water activities" than Xarcaret. Nice snorkeling there and they have a nicer beach area. Plus, cliffs to jump off of. Enjoy!!

Closed Thread

Tags
book, calica, carnival, closer, cozumel, cruise, day, excaret, excursion, park, port, review, ships, xcaret, xcariat, xelha