Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 12:18 PM

My husband and I and a whole lot of friends are going to the Western Caribbean on Carnival December 15th. It will be 20 years together and I couldn't think of a better time to renew our wedding vows. The problem is, I have no idea how to go about it. Can the Captain do it in port? Where would I find a "pastor"? Which port would be the prettiest? Where would I go in port? HELP!!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 AM

Since you are already married, do you really need someone who can legally marry you or could you use anybody who is capable of performing the ceremony?

I am curious about the answer, so anyone out there who may know, please let us know.

Thanks,

Brad

Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 AM

The cruise lines wedding department can advise you on vow renewal procedures. This is Carnival's -- Wedding Department
9:00am-6:00pm EST, Monday-Friday
Toll-Free: 800 933-4968 (Nat/Can/FL)
Local: 305 599-2600, x70040
Fax: 800 638-1646
Old 11-28-2007, 12:42 PM
well I don't know the ports you will visit but since I live on the caribbean I can tell you is not an easy task especially not like "las vegas"
You are best to try the captain to marry you as I remember it will be expensive but is mostly the only choice you have...
In PR if you want to marry has to reserve the church, the pastor, the day and hour with months in advance so I don't really know if it is the best option
Old 01-08-2008, 05:40 AM

I just started to look into this today! One of our ports is Cozumel and it seems that you can't get buy for less than $600 and I'm talking that is for the minister(a judge was more) and site.(on the beach owned by a restuarant which was the cheapest) That didn't include any decorations, flowers, etc. And I'm sure there is probably another fee for the service that organized it all too.(I stopped looking when I saw the prices) And in cozumel they require a tourist visa for the couple and 4 witnesses so that's another $150) It's a shame I thought it would have been wonderful to renew our vows on the beach. But when you are probably looking at close to a grand for the most basic no frills that is a lot!

We are traveling on NCL and they have a small chapel with wedding services. But the beach sounds more romantic.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Wow! That is expensive! My 30th anniverary is next year and I was hoping we could renew our vows on a cruise. Are there any Vegas Chapel style ports on any of the islands?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:03 AM

As Brad mentioned, the renewal of wedding vows is not a legal ceremony and does not need to be performed by a clergy member or judge. There is a difference between getting married on a ship or in the Caribbean, and participating in a vow renewal. Many ships have vow renewal ceremonies almost every week. Contact the phone number provided to Carnival and inquire about their wedding vow renewal ceremony.

Sandy
Old 01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
well is not a legal problem is more like a money $$$ problem...
There are not "cheap vegas style chapel" on the Caribbean islands and for all I know you will have to book any vow renewal far on advance( months in advance) and pay good money for it.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, line, lines, norwegian, port, renew, renewal, renewing, vow, vows, wedding