Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 05:36 PM

I have booked a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Puerto Rico in May. Does anyone know if RC plans excursions on arrival days? Our plane arrive at 11:30 and the ship does not leave until 8:30pm.Anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:20 AM

My suggestion is to go to the ship, check in, have lunch, then take a cab to Old San Juan. Depending on where you dock, you might be able to walk, although it would be a pretty good trek. You will need to be back on board probably 1 1/2 hours prior to sailing.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:46 AM

Thats a great recommendation and once in Old San Juan you can jump on and off the shuttles that continously run through the Old section and the forts. This is a great way to see the area if you have never been there before.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-16-2009, 12:23 PM

They usually have excursions on deembarkation. I've never seen any excursions for people who have yet to board.

I agree with Penny. Go to the ship, check-in, (althoughg I wonder what time you're allowed on), have lunch. You can always get off and walk around San Juan. You might be able to visit the fort or book a city tour on your own. I believe the fort is walking distance. When I was there I walked to the Hard Rock Cafe from the port. Have fun!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, day, embark, excursion, royal