Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 05:02 PM

Going to Bahamas in April, and wondering what the big deal is about Atlantis- isn't it a water park that you can't use unless you are a registered at the resort? Gambling is supposed to be great, right? But I don't gamble- so any other reason for me to visit?

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:15 PM

It's an amazing resort to see. You can get a day pass to use the facilities. Just walking through the resort on the inside is interesting. You can walk through a small section of the aquarium from the inside of the resort too.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:14 AM

It is an amazing place and since I'll probobly never stay there I wanted to experience it. Two years ago while on SOS we booked a room at the comfort Suites (never stayed in the room) which is across the street from the Atlantis and gave us full Atlantis privilages.

For a family of 6 it was cheaper than most shore excursions. It was extremely crowded, we couldn't get a chair, but it was an amazing place and I'm glad we got to experience it. We then took a stretch limo with another family back to the boat. Cost about the same as a taxi! My teenage daughters thought they died and went to heaven.

Leaving Sun 2/18 on Jewel of the Seas with a party of 23!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:11 AM

I thought it was neat. Very beautiful...amazing how much money went into it..and you can see some of the aquarium. We are cruising there again soon but I won't go back to the hotel. If you have other things to do skipping it wouldn't be horrible..I actually learned more about it watching a show on the travel channel about it. The honest truth is there is not much to do in Nassau. Unless you like the Straw Market or are planning on going alot of excursions.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09

Closed Thread

Tags
6, atlantis, comfort, family, park, suites, water, worth