Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 04:37 AM

I am sailing on the Sea Princess in November and am wondering if you can see the Pitons of St. Lucia as you sail in or out of port. Does anyone know? Also, can anyone recommend an enjoyable tour? Is Castries a good walk about?
Old 07-23-2006, 04:37 AM

I am sailing on the Sea Princess in November and am wondering if you can see the Pitons of St. Lucia as you sail in or out of port. Does anyone know? Also, can anyone recommend an enjoyable tour? Is Castries a good walk about?
Old 07-24-2006, 08:17 AM

Yes you can see the Pitons when you going in and out of St. Lucia. There are some good snorkel trips as well. We've been on 2 we booked through Princess and 1 through Carnival. They've fixed up the port and have a shopping area there. Last year our snorkel trip was cancelled, so we went on a land safari. They took us around the area and to a nice fall. Going down to the fall was a bit tricky, but it was a nice excursion. I would much rather snorkel. You could catch a local cab and have them take you around as well. We'll be in St. Lucia in October, so I'll let you know what changes have taken place. We were there last November, they had had a lot of rain. Best wishes!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:52 PM

Hi,
We were in St. Lucia in 2002. Best "on our own" excursion we've ever done. Went through the "organized tour cabs" and found someone outside who was a private cab, and for $80 pp had an all=day private tour from St. Lucia, to Soufriere, saw the volcano and got awesome video, great picture of the pitons, which was on cruise critic as pix of the week. Saved about $100 per couple and had personal tour for 4 in new A/C van.
St. Lucia is really beautiful. Hope you enjoy!
Sovereign of the Seas 3/04
Radiance of the Seas 11/03
Majesty of the Seas 5/03
Adventure of the Seas 10/02
Majesty of the Seas 6/02
Sovereign of the Seas 11/01
Explorer of the Seas 10/01
Carnival Paradise 10/00
Carnival Fantasy 1/98 ~ New cruisers are Born!
Old 07-26-2006, 08:41 AM

Yes Penny, I'm counting on you to to give us a full report of your stop in St. Lucia in Oct. Remember we'll be stopping there in Nov. Since Penny is more partial to snorkling ( which we also like but also enjoy other tours), I would also like to hear from anyone else out there with reccomondations in St. Lucia. I am always searching for the perfect beach. Was thinking of going to Marigot, anyone been there?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:04 AM

I love St. Lucia. Have been there 3X on cruises and once at a resort. Have done various excursions, but the best was a catamaran tour back in 2002. Sailed straight from the ship in Castries slowly up the coast, going through each inlet/cove/bay, around the Pitons and stopped at Soufriere. Ended with a bus ride up the mountains and a visit to the scenic Morne Coubaril estate.

No specific "beach time", but my wife and I laid out on the net in the front of the catamaran for the entire journey - getting lots of relaxation and sun for 2 hours - and getting to see some of the beautiful beaches from the boat.

Don't remember the name of the tour company, but it was really an amazing trip.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:55 PM

quote:
Is Castries a good walk about?

We did the southern caribbean last summer (San Juan, St. Thomas, ST. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados), and in each port, we walked around the main towns near the port.

Of all of them, we disliked St. Lucia the most. It reminded us of Tijuana, but worse. We took a cab from the port to the center of town, but didn't stay more than 1.5 hours because of the way it was.

My suggestion is to go on a tour of the island. It is the most beautiful place. . . if you forget Castries!!

Just my .02!!

Chris

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 07-27-2006, 01:55 PM

Oops!! In my last post I said we disliked St. Lucia the most. What I meant to say was we disliked CASTRIES the most. St. Lucia itself is gorgeous!!

Chris

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 07-28-2006, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the clarification. Certainly good to know that.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:29 AM

We did a day tour of St.Lucia through a local tour company called Phillip Tours, you can find them on the web at www.philliptoursstlucia.com it was the highlight of our trip. It was a private tour, I think we saw it all at our own pace. We did the tour of the volcano, waterfall,botanical gardens and the breathtaking Pitons. Our driver Jackson was amazing, we felt safe with him and provided an enjoyable fun tour and the price was just right. Highly recommend !

Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, castries, lucia, port, st, tours