Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 09:18 AM

How long does it take to get to Xcaret from Cozumel? Is it a ferry and then a bus or just a ferry?
Old 01-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Administrator

If you do Xcaret from Cozumel you take the ferry to Playa del Carmen, then board a bus to Xcaret. This eats up 60 to 90 minutes of time on each end usually leaving 4 to 5 hours at the park.....and no time to do anything on Cozumel.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:53 AM

Seems like you don't recommend this! We're looking for a beach resort sort of a place but the underwater river at Xcaret sounded awesome! Is Playa Mia the best beach resort or do you recommend another one? We love water slides, tubing, and things to "do" at the beach, not just lying in the sand. Thanks for your advice.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Administrator

To be honest I am not overwhelmed by Xcaret. I've been there twice and don't plan on returning. Some love the place. I think it is overrated. I also think it is unwise to go to the mainland when the ship is in Cozumel. Too much is eaten up in the transits, and this goes for any mainland tour. There is a beach at Xcaret but it doesn't have anything to "do" other than some tubes to float around in.

Many beaches on Cozumel. Playa Mia has lots of stuff you can do besides sitting in the sand. The link loads slowly sometimes so bear with it.

Others like Mr. Sanchos which is smaller and has less to offer, but isn't as crowded.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:21 PM

you need to go to chanacanob in cozumel. it is so beautiful the beach is clean, they have showers there, wonderful snorkeling. they have dolphin encounters, its one of my favorite places.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Banned

correction: it probably was one of your favorite
places....when was the last time you visited Chakanaab park?
we went after the hurricane wiped the place out
a year afterward and it still sucks...now its nothing but a overpriced beach..snorkeling in cozumel is not good from the beach anymore, go on a boat for the best snorkeling.

Closed Thread

Tags
carmen, cozumel, cruise, del, ferry, long, playa, port, slides, termial, terminal, water, xcaret