Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2004, 12:54 PM

Any one sailed to Belize? What can you tell me?
Old 01-22-2004, 12:54 PM

Any one sailed to Belize? What can you tell me?
Old 01-23-2004, 11:21 AM

Hi There,
I just got back from the western Caribbean on the Paradise (Jan.11)
We sailed to Belize, although the weather was rainy, we went cave tubing with Reggie. It was marvelous...a definite have to do!!
You first take a van for about 45 mins, then hike through a jungle(rainforest) Then you hop on a tube and float through a stream and rapids in caves with a headlamp...very cool!!
If you look up Reggie's cave tubing, send him an email and reserve a spot...I guarantee it will be cheaper($65) than booking it on the ship, and you will be at the same place as the people who do book it and pay the $85-$100 on the ship.
Best of luck, and enjoy!!
Old 02-01-2004, 09:10 AM

We did X-STREAM CAVE TUBING in Belize and it was incredible!!!! $60 per person and we had only 14 in our group which is the maximum group size! Two full caving systems and they met us right in the port where we tendered in. I really didn't want to go out of the port on my own, its not the most inviting city in the world and there were so many people out there trying to sell you something. I was happy to jump in the van with our guide and go off into the jungle
Old 03-18-2004, 01:41 PM

I was on the Pride in 8/02 and went to Belize. We did the horseback riding tour that Carnival offered. It wa about $75 pp. It was a great trip. You get on a bus and drive to a ranch. On the way 2 women tell you all about Belize life, and you see a lot of the city, which is very, very poor. But it was interesting. You go on a little walking tour first and see different palnts and trees, and can actually swing on a vine like Tarzan. Then get on a boat and go down a river and then get to the ranch. They put you into groups according to your riding ability. We did the intermediate and it was kinda rough. We were riding for about 2 hrs. Up & down hills, over trees, thru water! I actually cut up my leg on a branch! Then into a field where we trotted which was FUN! Then they serve a homemade lunch that was delicious. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Closed Thread