Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Peter,
this place, was it a good place to snorkle?
The drink sounds great, everyone remembers the drink more vividly than anything else . I wonder if it's the price or how good the drink is. I had a similar drink at the Hilton in Nassau($10 with the tip already added. It had an extra shot of rum but most spilled when the bartender added it at the end instead of while mixing) Thank you for the advise.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-20-2007, 09:15 AM

How far is seven mile beach from where the tenders are? Can you walk there, or do you have to take a cab?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:13 AM

Tesi, you should take a cab to get away from the downtown area and to the beach areas.

Nica, I did not snorkle but those that did found the fish plentiful once they got out past the reef. Lots of coral in the area where we were and the beach goes almost down hill somewhat; not sure if that is the way the whole Seven Mile Beach is or not as it was our first encounter with the area.

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-07-2007, 10:01 AM

How far is 7 mile beach from the port? How far is Margaritaville from the port?
We're doing the Stingray City excursion with transport back to the port. I want to visit 7 mile beach for a few hrs & also see about walking to Margaritaville for a drink. Enough time with the travel involved and the shortest time at port during the Victory cruise?
Old 06-07-2007, 01:25 PM

Princess 8, 7 mile beach is about a 15 minute cab ride, too far to walk. Margaritaville is real close to where the tenders dock. You'd probably have time to fit everything in, but don't forget to leave enough to get back on board. I'm not sure what time the Victory arrives or departs, but if you have 8 hours in port you should have enough time. Or....you could book another cruise to visit 7 mile beach
Old 06-19-2007, 02:34 PM

the best place on 7 mile is the Royal Palm Beach club, it has food,drinks and showers. I don't think any part of 7 mile is great for snorkeling, but it is a wonderful beach. Do it first, then stop at Margaritaville on the way back. They just finished the new one my last cruise and it has a swimming pool and slide right in the middle of the bar(kidos loved it).
However if it is your first time to GC, then do stingray city it is a must.....
Old 06-19-2007, 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by u2jt1:
the best place on 7 mile is the Royal Palm Beach club, it has food,drinks and showers. I don't think any part of 7 mile is great for snorkeling, but it is a wonderful beach. Do it first, then stop at Margaritaville on the way back. They just finished the new one my last cruise and it has a swimming pool and slide right in the middle of the bar(kidos loved it).
However if it is your first time to GC, then do stingray city it is a must.....

I think this place looks fantastic- I was looking for webcams to keep an eye on places we were visiting and if you go to reefgrill.com, they have cruise ship info and some great webcams.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, close, cruise, dock, drink, margaritaville, mile, miles, part, places, port, ports, ship, snorkling, visiting