Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2005, 03:02 PM

Hi everyone,

We are stopping at 4 ports, belize, roatan island, grand cayman, and cozumel. Just wondering which place is good for shore excursion and which is good for self tour.

carmen

Edit: Moved to Caribbean Port Chat. RF
Old 12-14-2005, 04:37 PM

It really depends on what you are interested in doing and the amount of time you are in port. Whenever you tender, time becomes a critical factor in your decision. (Belize, Cozumel and Grand Cayman are all tender ports). What kind of shore excursions were you interested in?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-14-2005, 06:41 PM

oh wow, all three are tender ports. Well we were thinking about some snokling, horse back riding, cave tubing ...etc...which one is the best for snokling?

carmen
Old 12-15-2005, 03:35 AM

Here are the links to my cruise reviews. All of those ports are covered in them. Keep in mind that Grand Cayman is a 2 minute tender ride, while Belize is probably 20 minutes...

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Carniva.../Elation79.htm

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Norwegi...anSpirit14.htm
Old 12-15-2005, 06:13 AM

Carmen,
All 3 of those ports offer good snorkeling. If you are interested in doing Cave Tubing - then that would be done in Belize, and I suggest you use Reggie. I did a special report on that excursion for Port Reviews: http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/Belize51.htm
You might want to checkout the other information on all of your ports at that site as well.

However, in Belize there are also great snorkeling trips offered by the cruise lines that pick you up directly from the ship (no tendering involved) to transport you to the Belize Barrier Reef for snorkeling (Ambergris Caye, Shark/Ray Alley and Sergeant's Caye are all good).

Snorkel and Stingray City with one of the local tour operators in Grand Cayman is also another good option. I have used Captain Bryan with great success.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-15-2005, 02:16 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the tips, I saw some great snokle place for Belize but I really want to do the cave tubing. Nancy your review is really helpful, I like pictures I guess Grand Cayman is another great place I can snokle. And Nancy who is captain Bryan? How can I check out his sevices? website? email?

thanks,

carmen

Closed Thread

Tags
bryan, captain, caribbean, carribean, cave, cruise, excurision, excursion, excursions, good, reviews, royal, shore, tubing, western