Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2003, 12:40 PM

I'll be cruising on the Triumph in July. Our first stop is San Juan, and I've already heard you pretty much miss out on day adventures. I'm bummed b/c I wanted to visit the rainforest.

Does anyone know where the safest area of town is w/ bars and restaurants? How far is it from the port? About how much would cab fare be? I've heard of so many people saying they just stay on the boat, which is so lame - when you're paying for destinations and there are 3 other days to stay on the boat - there've gotta be some interesting night spots in San Juan, anyone know anything? I'm a 28 yr old female and my traveling friend is 25.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:40 PM

I'll be cruising on the Triumph in July. Our first stop is San Juan, and I've already heard you pretty much miss out on day adventures. I'm bummed b/c I wanted to visit the rainforest.

Does anyone know where the safest area of town is w/ bars and restaurants? How far is it from the port? About how much would cab fare be? I've heard of so many people saying they just stay on the boat, which is so lame - when you're paying for destinations and there are 3 other days to stay on the boat - there've gotta be some interesting night spots in San Juan, anyone know anything? I'm a 28 yr old female and my traveling friend is 25.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:36 PM

If you are looking for an elegant evening out, visit the niteclub at the Hotel El San Juan. You will find the most sophistocated dancers and salsa/merengue dancing anywhere! When my husband and I visited a few years ago, we were in awe of the dancers and really enjoyed watching them. Make sure you dress - it is a very dressy place, and a very upscale hotel - you would want to be at your best. If you do dance the merengue then be prepared to be asked by some handsome man, but be sure you can move those feet cause they were the fastest merengue dancers I have ever seen!!!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 06:54 AM

Thanks so much! This sounds right up our alley! I wonder if they perform on Monday nights? We will be there on a MOnday...
Old 05-30-2003, 05:53 PM

It is a nightclub in a hotel, so I believe they would be operating. You could always do a websearch on the hotel and see whatyou can find out. I think people are born dancing the meringue in Puerto Rico....

Closed Thread