Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 09:40 AM

ST. Thomas/ St. John

Has anyone done the tour where you rent a Jeep and tour the island with a guide? We signed up for this and would love to hear if anyone else has tried this tour,

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-20-2007, 07:04 AM

ok, lets try antoher approach what tours have you done on either Isalnd we have the afternoon free approx 4-6 hours , so could do a second tour,,,,

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-20-2007, 09:15 AM

My normal thing to do in St. Thomas is hop the ferry to St. John and catch a cab to Trunk Bay. We've done Sapphire Beach, Magen's Bay and Coki beach on St. Thomas. We did the Bluebeard tour and a bunch of catamaran sail/snorkels over to Buck Island. We've also done some shopping there. St. Thomas, to me, is no where near as nice as it was 20 years ago. It's not one of my favorites, but the saving grace is I can hop over to St. John. Maybe it's just because it seems that every Caribbean cruise stops in St. Thomas. Anyway, never did the jeep thing. Hope y'all enjoy it!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
My normal thing to do in St. Thomas is hop the ferry to St. John and catch a cab to Trunk Bay. We've done Sapphire Beach, Magen's Bay and Coki beach on St. Thomas. We did the Bluebeard tour and a bunch of catamaran sail/snorkels over to Buck Island. We've also done some shopping there. St. Thomas, to me, is no where near as nice as it was 20 years ago. It's not one of my favorites, but the saving grace is I can hop over to St. John. Maybe it's just because it seems that every Caribbean cruise stops in St. Thomas. Anyway, never did the jeep thing. Hope y'all enjoy it!
I plan to do Magen's Bay in just a couple of weeks, I will report on my return if it isn't to late. I also agree with penny3333 that St Thomas is not what it used to be. We were there only last year and I went for a run, not 20 min into it (say 2 miles at my old man pace) I saw abandoned cars and slum like housing. I turned around and headed back to the realtive safety of the pier area. I hear St Johns is still very nice.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:16 PM

My nephew lives on St. John's Island. We went on the Glory 2 years ago and were able to hop over to St. John's and have lunch with him. He was so thrilled to have us. As we got off of the ferry, island locals were yelling to us..."you're here to see Andy!" It was so nice. He, apparently, had told everyone that we were coming and they were so happy for him. We will be on the Glory again next month and will be having lunch with Andy again.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:12 AM

I don't think Cruise-Chat has a Post of the Day.

If it did, that would certainly get my vote.

IslandCruz
Old 03-21-2007, 04:13 PM

In reply to Penny3333 & Cruise Dad, I feel the same way about St Thomas being dirty & the next time we stop there if we don't go to St John I doubt if we'll get off the ship. The streets from Crown Bay to downtown are filthy with garbage. The local government should take some of the money they receive form all the cruise ships & put it back into a cleanup program. Maybe they can put some of the homeless to work.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:11 AM

MaJiQ....Wouldn't it be fun, if all of us who read these posts and are going to St. John, to stop and say hi to Andy. We are going to St. John but signed up for ship snorkel to Trunk Bay. I will wave to Andy when we get close.
Sherry

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-07-2007, 03:21 PM

It has been many years since I have been to St. Thomas, from your posts here I think we will just be taking that ferry over to St Johns Island. Does anyone have any suggestions for an excursion, or a great beach there in St. Johns?
If all else fails..... I suppose we could meet up with Andy for lunch! We could be making Andy a very popular guy over there!!
Thanks for any advice...
Old 10-07-2007, 07:55 PM

You absolutely must go to Trunk Bay!

It is within the USVI National Park. Beautiful beach with an underwater trail for snorkeling. They have restrooms and showers. Snack bar and gift shop. And snorkel equipment rentals (we bring our own). Lifeguards on duty.

Look here for some more info. on the beaches.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
johns, st