Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 08:42 PM

Looking for a nice beach with good snorkeling in Antiqua. Between Long Bay and Turners Beach which one would be the best. Also what would the taxi fare be. Leaving Nov 30th on the Sun Princess.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:36 AM

We did a catamaran snorkel in Antigua, so did not do a beach snorkel. The water was really clear, but loaded with jelly fish. I heard good review about Long Bay, but cannot give you a personal review. Please be careful and remember to use the palm of your hand to move the jelly fish out of the way. (Scoop them from the back side). If you want to do some really fantastic snorkeling on your cruise, I highly recommend Flamingo Bay in Grenada. The water was so clear and no jelly fish. We snorkeled the entire length of the bay and out to the jetties where it dropped off to 90 feet. There were really big fish out near the end of the reef. We took the excursion through Princess. They used Wadadli catamaran. The crew was very helpful and stayed in the water at all times during the 2 hour snorkel. Hope you enjoy the Sun as much as we did. We just returned 10/31/06. Sure wish we were going with y'all. Bon Voyage.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:48 PM

Hey! We're on the Sun on Nov. 10th and we're still asking around the different cruise boards to find out the "perfect beach" with good snorkeling in Antigua. Still haven't heard. Always wanted to go there but I have a vision of the perfect beach in my mind which I hope can be somewhat matched in real life. Have a friend that grew up in Antigua and told me to go to Turners Beach, said he has a friend that owns a restaurant there on the beach. I'm worried that he's telling me to go there just so I can say hello to his old friend. Still thinking about going there but also not sure about the snorkeling, my friend didn't know, so not sure if I'll be going there either, I'll keep checking the boards for reccommondations...Anyone??

Hey Penny! Good to see you back on the board, hope you had the best cruise ever. I want to hear all about it. It must be hard to get back to real life, but cheer up, you get to go on the Magica in 49 days! Looks like you've also booked another Princess for next year -you brat! That Wadadli Catarmaran/snorkel in Grenada sounds really nice but the Jellyfish in Antigua doesn't sound too fun. Still haven't booked anything and we're leaving in 6 days! Yikes! Hope Pigeon Island was good for you too. I want to hear all about your experiences when you're ready... I expect a full report!... Just kidding. ............No, not really, I do expect it
Old 11-22-2006, 01:03 PM

Update on Long Bay after visit.

We're back from the cruise now and decided to go to an all inclusive resort with a day pass on Long Bay. Long Bay was very nice and the resort was fantastic. My friend from Antigua says that Turners Beach is still prettier because it's on the Caribbean side of the island.

Closed Thread

Tags
antigua, bay, beach, cruise, flamingo, long, pass, port, review, reviews, snorkel, snorkeling, turner, turners, visit