Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 08:01 AM

What do you do with your stuff (camera, clothes, etc.)while you're swimming or snorkeling? Are there usually facilities where you can lock up your stuff? (Going to St. Thomas, Tortola & Samana on Feb. 2).

Dream Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 01-07-2007, 08:01 AM

What do you do with your stuff (camera, clothes, etc.)while you're swimming or snorkeling? Are there usually facilities where you can lock up your stuff? (Going to St. Thomas, Tortola & Samana on Feb. 2).

Dream Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 01-07-2007, 09:01 AM

Just leave it on the snorkel boat or put it under your beach chair. We have never had a problem with anyone taking anything.

Some beaches do have lockers.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Administrator

I'd never leave anything unattended. We will either take turns going into the water, or DH will use a waterproof wallet, securely zipped into a pocket of his swim trunks. As for the cameras, we'll either take a waterproof one, or take turns watching the regular camera on the beach.

I've seen cruise passengers ask other cruise passengers to watch their stuff, but I wouldn't rely on that either unless you know the person.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Administrator

It depends on the situation. If we are on a tour where the driver or tour operator stays with the bus, then I feel okay leaving "some" things there - obviously not money, ID, etc. I'll leave any souvenirs we had previously purchased.

On the beach, unless lockers are provided, we do as LisaP and take turns being the guard. One exception to this is on the private islands where we will let our guard down a little. Of course, on the private islands we don't bring credit cards or lots of cash so there really isn't much for anyone to steal.

Closed Thread

Tags
america, beach, camera, candi, carnival, cruise, excursion, excursions, holland, leave, line, snorkel, stuff, swimming, things