Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 01:37 PM

I will be going on my very first cruise in February. A 7 day eastern Caribbean on HAL . Ports of call are Half MoonCay, St.Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turks & Caicos Islands. I would really like some information about the best shore excursions. KEep in mind I have a low budget. Or if you have informaion of things to do on theses islands on my own. Nothing too adventurous. I will be traveling with my monther and aunt who are in their early seventies. Although my cousin and I are in our fourties and could handle a little adventure.
would love some input from the "master cruisers"
Old 01-12-2009, 09:31 AM

Hi wvsunflower, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Half Moon Cay is a private island and a beautiful beach day. It's one of my favorite private islands. St. Thomas is great for shopping, snorkeling, and sight-seeing. With 2 ladies in their 70s, I recommend staying on the island. Normally, I would say grab the ferry and go to St. John then grab a cab to Trunk Bay. There are some nice beaches on St. Thomas, though. Coki Beach or Magen's Bay would be good for your mom and aunt. They have all the necessary ammenities. There is great shopping near the port, if you dock in Havensight you'll be closer to town. Grand Turk, I'd highly recommend snorkeling for you and your cousin. The hurricane pretty much wiped out the island, but you could take a tour. There is a shopping area right at the pier and a nice beach there. In San Juan, a tour of Old San Juan or a visit to the Bacardi Factory would be nice for all.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! Bon Voyage
Old 01-22-2009, 05:24 PM

thank you so much for your info. It is very helpful
Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 AM

Hi wvsunflower,
We booked a tour with Sunny Listons Tours in St. Thomas and had a great time. We booked a tour for $25 each that took us to Mountain Top (a must see), to Sapphire Beach for 2.5 hours, and we had 2 hours of shopping. Sunny and his wife Gigi are great and a lot of fun.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
carribean, cruise, eastern, hal, ports, snorkeling