Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2005, 06:17 PM

We are taking an excursion to Dunn's River Falls and other places on the Jamaican Island. We are told that there are lockers at Dunn's River to keep your personal items in. We want to take our digital camera so that we have it for the other parts of the tour (we already know we can't use it at the falls). Are there plenty of lockers? If there isn't a locker available, is there another option? Also, is it safe to leave the camera in the lockers? Any suggestions would be helpful????
Old 09-07-2005, 08:05 PM

There are lockers there, but I wouldn't trust putting anything too valuable in them. Some of the lockers show signs of past intrusions. We brought our camera with us, but put it inside an airtight bag in our backpack.

Tom
Old 09-08-2005, 09:27 AM

Hi,

When we went to Dunn's River Falls a few years ago, we booked our excursion with Peat Taylor and he was fabulous. He took us to the falls, on a short tour of the countryside and then back to the ship. In the afternoon, he even came back to take us shopping and that was included in the cost which I think was around $30 pp. In case you want to look him up, his website address is http://www.peattaylor.com.
Lockers at the falls ....we did use the lockers. All of our stuff including my digital camera was stored in the locker with no problem. You can rent a lock for your locker for about $10 and I think you get $5 back when you return the lock.

About bringing a camera ... we used a couple of disposable waterproof/underwater cameras and it worked out really well since you will definitely get wet climbing the falls. Along the way, your guide will take pictures of you and they even have a spot where they take the official DRF pic--we bought ours, it's one of my favs from that cruise and I think it was only $7.

BTW, if you haven't bought water shoes for climbing the falls, I would strongly consider it.

One thing to beware of ... when you are leaving the falls, the vendors can be quite persistant so watch yourself.

Angela
= )
Old 09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Vendors EVERYWHERE in Jamaica are quite persistent.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......

Closed Thread

Tags
camera, carry, dunn, dunns, falls, items, jamaica, lockers, personal, put, river, store, stuff, taking, webcam