Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2006, 10:04 AM

Never sailed to St. Lucia, Antigua or Martinique. Any suggestions on best excursions?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:17 AM

Sounds like we're going on the same cruise but you're going a month earlier. When you come back I expect you to share your experiences. I think Penny is going on the same cruise with you isn't she??? Did you already figure out what you're going to do in Grenada? This cruise sounds incredible doesn't it?

I'd like the same information and add to that Grenada, Sailing on Sun Princess Nov. 10th.

Need excursion ideas for St. Lucia, Antigua, Martinique & Grenada too.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:33 PM

Scott, yes, we are on the same cruise as Penny. I am hoping to meet up with her on the cruise. We haven't been assigned a cabin yet. We booked an oceanview guarantee. I am still waiting for some type of feedback on shore excursions. Really haven't booked any excursions yet. One I know we are probably going to do is the St. John snorkel in St. Thomas. We like to snorkel, and have heard from numerous people that Trunk Bay in St. John is one of the best for snorkeling. I will post our excursions once we return. Counting down!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:15 AM

Only 65 days! I'm so jealous.

You can't miss with Trunk Bay, St. Johns. We like snorkeling too, especially when it's near a beach. We did a catamaran and snorkel escusion through Holland America once that went from St. Thomas to St. John. It stopped on a desserted beach somewhere on St. John and it was fabulous. The rum punch "Pain Killers" were awesome too! Wish I could remember the name of that excursion. Maybe I'll start another post about that. Penny wanted me to change our cruise so that we could all go at the same time, sounds like fun, but can't in that time frame, will have to wait until Nov.10th.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:32 PM

Well, definitely going to do the St. John excursion. Is it best to book from the cruise line, or do you know of a private tour? I just get a little skeptical about booking outside of the cruise line, mainly because I'm always afraid of not getting back in time. Still looking for excursions at St. Lucia, Martinique and Grenada. Looked in the tour book, but nothing really catches my eye. Maybe just do some shopping and maybe a beach excursion. We love the beach!! Actually been looking to retire somewhere in the south. Still got a few years left until retirement though. I've had enough of Pittsburgh winters.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:59 PM

I think you should base your decision wether or not to book through the ship or go alone by how much time you want at Trunk Bay. It seemed to take too long to get there and back (on the ship's excursion) only to have just over an hour at that beach. So, in light of that, I'd do it on my own next time. But, as you say you wouldn't have to worry about being back on time, less stress. I'd find out what Penny is doing and see if you can tag along. If she's going there, she'll go on her own. I seem to think they're going to buck island?, not sure.

Nothing really caught our eye yet on excursions, be sure to share anything you find and I'll do the same.

Good news! I am a Realtor, so if you decide on Central Florida, I work in the Orlando area, look me up when/if you're ready.

Closed Thread

Tags
antigua, caribbean, cruise, escursions, excursion, excursions, forums, lucia, martinique, review, reviews, royal, shore, st, stlucia