Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 04:12 AM

Looking at tours to do on own in St. Thomas.
Some of the more popular are already booked up.
Has anyone used Ron's Tours?

Thank you...

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-25-2008, 04:37 AM
My wife and I will be in St. Thomas on March 5. We are using Godfrey Tours. I have read good reviews on this forum. He is going to take us on a tour of the island,time at Magens Bay and shopping for $25 each. Good luck and have fun!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:13 AM

We took a tour with Godfrey last year and had a great time. I highly recommend his services.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:46 PM

We took Sunny Liston Tours. Sunny and Gigi were great. $25 shopping, tour, and beach.
www.sunnylistontours.com

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-26-2008, 03:42 AM

Thanks for responding....Sunny Liston is booked up for the day we are there.

We were looking for a tour of the island and then beach and couldn't really get what we wanted from Godfrey.

I have read great reviews on both of these though.

I also tried EEE and Airforce1 and they were both booked up.

Saw Ron's Tours on another chat board but we can't seem to find any reviews on him....

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-26-2008, 07:21 AM

There are plenty of cab drivers available in St. Thomas. I'm sure one would be happy to give you a tour of the island. There are 3 main tourist beaches there. Magen's Bay, Coki Beach, and Sapphire Beach. Magen's and Coki offer more ammenities. Sapphire is good for snorkeling. It is a safe island, so you might want to just do it on your own. Best wishes!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:59 AM

Penny is spot on here... There are many taxi's waiting at the end of the cruise terminal mall (before you get out to the "real island" Talk to a couple and ask what they would charge to give you a tour. For reference, last June, one took us to Red Hook (not a short trip from the port) for about $30. (Family of $4) It was raining so he proably charged us more than we should have paid but I wasn't going to stick with plan A which was taking the public bus.

But it is a relatively safe Island and the locals were friendly. I had no problems taking the public bus ride back from Red Hook all the way around the island back to the ship for $2 each.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-27-2008, 07:51 AM
We were in St. Thomas last May & tried www.havefunwithus.com but they were already booked for the day that we needed. We ended up at Coral World. www.coralworldvi.com they also have a coupon on their website that you can use while there, plus the beach is right next door we spent the whole day there.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:30 AM

We were in St. Thomas 2 weeks ago today and found a wonderful cab driver named Lee Washington. He had a van and took 6 of us on a tour of the island, took us to Top of the Mountain for one of the famous Banana Daquris, the dropped us in town for some shopping. At a set time and location he picked us up and took us back to the ship. The cost wads $25.00 per person. Of course since he had given us such a great time we gave him more but well worth it. Several in our group did the same type of tour with other taxi drivers they got at the pier. To me this was the way to go.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
basille, cab, cruise, driver, jr, named, reviews, rons, st, thomas, tours