Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2006, 06:23 AM

I would like to spend my time in the Grand Caymans taking a tour and going to the beach.

Does anyone know of a good tour company? About how long should the tour take. I need to make sure I can get to Hell.

What about a good beach location? My daughter would also like to do some snokeling.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:28 AM

Seven mile Beach is beautiful, there are some great wrecks close to the port for snorkeling as well as snorkeling with the sting rays. We've always booked with the ship in that port, but there are shops galore where the tenders dock. Remember to include time to catch a tender when booking your excursion since they don't dock in Grand Cayman. If you're not booked through the ship, they wont wait. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:30 AM

I have been to the Cayman Islands three times. This is the first time I booked a shore excursion NOT through the ship. I booked "Rays, Reef, and Rum point" excursion with Nativeway Watersports. I can not say enough good things about this company!!! They were fantastic! I picked this company due to the other postings I have read about them. Everything I read was positive and I agree. The price was very reasonable, and cheaper than the ships excursion.

Due to the weather our ship couldn't even dock at the pier, we had to be tendered in. It was a windy day and only 5 of us showed up for this excursion and they still took us out! We were delighted that they didn't cancel the excursion. Due to the wind they could not take us to Rum Point where we would have had lunch, so they cut the price of our excursion in half. Very, very reasonable!

On the bus ride to their boat our very friendly guides told us a little history of the island as well as explained the sites we were seeing. When we reached Stingray City sandbar they gave us plenty of food to feed the stingrays, and they held them for us to touch and try to hold ourselves. We spent more time there than the ship excursion would have allowed us. Next they took us to a fantastic spot on the reef. We saw the best variety of fish we have ever seen (this was our 6th cruise). Usually on an excursion, the time is up before you want it to be. I have never been allowed to snorkel as long as what these folks let us do.

When the excursion was over they gave us the option of taking us to 7 mile beach, or back to the ship. They were very accomodating.

I had read how friendly the owners are....Sharon & Eldon. I completely agree. On the excursion we had two guides with us, Thomas & ? (I forgot his name) they were very friendly and fun! They even gave my husband a conk (spelling?) shell. I highly recommend this company.

This company is fantastic and I highly recommend them. Stingray city is something you should not miss while in the Caymans.

Closed Thread

Tags
caymans, grand, kj, pier, runners