Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Hello Everyone:

I am all excited. It will be less than a month until my cruise on the Carnival Legend.

I am already getting my cruise packing and supplies ready. I am almost completely ready. The last remaining item is deciding what shore excursions to take. Does anyone here have any suggestions or reccomendations?

The ports of call for the Carnival Legend are:
-Grand Cayman
-Cozumel
-Belize
-Roatan

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:01 AM

Well, Frase, you'll be leaving a week before us. We're going snorkeling in all of those ports. However, everyone doesn't like snorkeling. Grand Cayman-Stingray City, Seven Mile Beach, and someone recommended Rum Point (haven't been there personally). Cozumel-Chankanaab Park, Swim with the dolphins, Paradise Beach, Tulum, Xel-ha, Carlos n Charlies, Senior Frogs. Belize-sorry, only done snorkeling there. Roatan-only done snorkeling there, too. Tabayanna Beach was highly recommended. We did go through town a bit, didn't see much for shopping, though.

Have a marvelous cruise and save some sunshine and warm weather for us!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Thank you Penny. I will look into those ideas for my shore excursions.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:26 AM

Frase, I forgot, Jim C was in Roatan last year and he went to Foster's. He said it was a good place.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 PM

I did the Western Caribbean Cruise and had Cozumel and Belize Ports, but I also had Progresso...I did the Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins from Progresso and they were awsome!! On our ship you could take this excursion from either Progresso or Cozumel if this is an option I highly recommend it if you haven't been there.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-25-2010, 12:03 AM

Roatan: When we went to Roatan....we hired a private van with another couple from the ship. They gave us a tour of the island. We went snorkeling....and stopped and saw some Monkeys! It was really cool! Buy something made from Mohogany! We also packed a bag full of clothes, toys, candy and school supplies and dropped it off at an orphanage.

Cozumel: My husband and I bought a map online before our trip. When we got there we rented a car and drove around on our own. We visited several small ruins. stoppped at a beach rode around taking pictures and shopped a little. It is really safe. Once you get out of town...theres one main road that goes around the island.

Belize: I will copy what I posted at another place:
Posted April 24, 2010 11:52 PM Hide Post
I want to encourage you to take the ship sponsered tour to Xuantunich Mayan ruins. It was the coolest thing I have ever done in my life!!! It is a really long tour so be sure to take the tour offered by the ship!! They pick you up on a bus. You get to see the city, the beautiful country side...There is a tour guide on the bus! It is a long drive but worth it for all you get to see and all the info you get from the guide. The ruins are AWESOME! You get to climb on them. If you not afraid of heights!. Theres even some that are not uncovered. I am really suprised that more people do not talk about this tour! We had time to shop at a little shop. (Make sure to buy Cashew Wine...I don't drink but bought it for friends. It makes you drunk when you drink it and again the next morning after it ferments in your stomach.) Anyway, we stopped at a restraunt and had a local lunch of chicken, beans, rice, and plaintains(included on tour price!)....anyway..it was the coolest thing I have ever done! Trying to post a photo. I hope it works!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Thank you browneyedgreene for all your information.

I am excited, I will be taking the tour of the Mayan ruins of Xuantunich as my shore excursion in Belize. I need to know one thing before I get there: Were the mosquitos any problem? Can I wear shorts or should I wear pants to protect myself from the mosquitos? I already will be packing mosquito repellent.

I ask these questions because when I was younger I went to the Mayan ruins of Copan in mainland Honduras. The mosquitos in Copan were definetly a problem. Alfred Hitchcock could have made a scarier movie, if he used those mosquitos in Copan and changed the name of his movie from "The Birds" to "The Mosquitos".
Old 04-27-2010, 10:52 AM

Frase, I would definitely believe mosquitos will be plentiful. However, during the day they won't be as bad as around sun up or sun down. Still, I'd be sure to spray repellent on.

And just in case I miss you before you leave, Bon Voyage
Old 04-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Thank you Penny

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, carnival, carribean, copan, cozumel, excursion, excursions, excursionscopan, legend, pick, progresso, roatan, ship, shore, tour, west