Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 09:08 AM

I am planning to propose in Cozumel, and I'm looking for a nice place and maybe five minutes of seclusion.

I considered getting to passion island then hiking to a private spot, but our cruise excursion is full.

I've also thought about renting a car and driving up the east side of Cozumel.

I would really appreciate and suggestions/ideas.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:52 AM

Can't help you with Cozumel, but I am about to get married, so I have a few thoughts...

Have you had the ring insured? It's a good idea to get insurance anyway, but I would strongly recommend it to someone traveling outside the country with such an expensive piece of jewelry.

Bring a CAMERA! I know this may be obvious to lots of people, but maybe you didn't think of it - some of my favorite pics of my fiancee and I are the ones we took moments after getting engaged.

Best wishes!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

Go to Chankanaab National Park ! Beautiful beach with shaded tiki umbrellas nice sand, bar, food, etc... but also has nice secluded walk ways through the park. It is about 5 minute taxi ride from the dock. Once off the ship, walk straight past the shops and go right to the taxi stand and tell them you want to go to Chankanaab. Entry fee is minimal. If you have snorkel gear, bring it along or you can rent at the park by the beach. The restrooms are also very clean.

Hope she says yes !!!

Sodey
Old 07-28-2008, 04:12 AM
BrentB do you mean the ships excursion to Passion Island is full? If so you can book it on your own. Just do a search for Passion Island. We booked ours on our own. I absolutely LOVE Passion Island. If you talk to them personally they may be able to help you plan it or give you ideas. When we went we were literally the first ones on the island for the first 2 hrs. How awsome to have an island to yourself, except for the employees.

Chankanaab National Park is also beautiful. Either one is great and I am sure the proposal will be wonderful and you won't be dissapointed.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Banned

I don't think you are going to get much seclusion on Passion Island. Here is the link to Chankanaab.
http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/parks-chankanaab.asp

sodey
Old 07-28-2008, 04:57 PM

Hi BrentB,What a romantic you are!!I love that!When we were in Cozumel,we rented a jeep and drove along the coast stopping at the numerous beaches/bars/restaurants along the way.There was plenty of privacy at all of them,walk a few hundred meters from the restaurant and you would be alone with the ocean,sand and your fiance. We were there in March,I don't know about other times of the year,but I don't think you would need to walk far to be alone.Have a wonderful trip and I'm sure she will say YES.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:06 PM

It went GREAT. I wanted to thank all of you for the ideas. I eventually talked to Tom the PR guy at Paradise Beach. He picked up some flowers and had a private table set up on their beach. It was perfect and he was great to work with... even gave us a couple of drinks on the house.
Thanks again

Old 08-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Congratulations Brent! I hope you both have a long and happy marriage. Glad this forum could help you with suggestions.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribean, cozumel, cruise, engaged, great, ideals, ideas, proposal, propose, proposel, proposing, propsal, ship, ways, wwwproposeincozumelcom