Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2005, 04:11 PM

NCl has changed our port from Roatan to Progesso. Does anyone know anything abour Progresso, what to do, etc.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:51 PM

Hi Pam,
Have you checked out the information we have compiled at our sister site, Port Reviews? Here is a link to the Progresso page:
http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/Progresso.htm
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-19-2005, 10:30 PM

Thanks for your help. It looks fine, not as bad as I thought.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:27 AM

There was not much to do there but there were a few things I liked. It was a very true picture of how the people lived and I really LIKED that. There is a little restaurant and beach really close to where you get off the boat(have to take a little bus) and the people were wonderful there. You can walk three blocks to an open air market and everything was WAY cheaper than it was in Cozumel. I bought alot of jewrly there.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 10-23-2005, 04:38 PM

I just got back from progresso, on the 19th, our cruise ship from carnival was sent there instead of cozumel. when we arrived there we went to the end of the peir where you can rent cars, and ask about places to go, they were very nice and suggested a 5 star resort to hang out in with the beach, spa (very cheap massages) all the food and drinks you can eat,pool, vollyball and a childrens area our price was 10 each but after a few more people started asking it went to 30 a person. it was alot of fun, since there isnt much more to do there and you can still get the feel of being by ocean.the name of the place is the hotel reef yucaton. Give it a try i dont think you'll be disappointed. oh they also drove us out to see the flamagos which was a very interesting side trip and by the shopping district all in a 6 hour day. have fun
Tammy
bordens4@sbcglobal.net
Old 12-05-2005, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the tips about Progresso. This should be very helpful. We are going via Carnival the week of the 17th of December. Any other helpful hints would be great!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:48 PM

Here's a tip: skip Merida. Also: Progreso is spelled with one "s".
Old 06-27-2006, 12:45 PM

I noticed that someone said there was a great place to shop in progresso along with a great restaurant. You said it was a liitle bus trip. Could you be a little more specific? I am going there in September and as a first time cruiser would appreciate more info. Thanks
Old 06-27-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlalena1:
Here's a tip: skip Merida. Also: Progreso is spelled with one "s".
Don't know which Merida you are referring to but it couldn't be this one.

I spent a summer there with my uncle who was the American Consul and I would highly recommend a visit. You will see a Mexican city with definite Spanish colonial influence in its architecture. The Yucatecos are a very friendly people and not out to "rip off" gringos.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:34 AM

Hi,Pam. I worked on the M/s Elation for 7 months and Progreso was one of our ports. To compare it to other ones that we visited, Cozumel and Calica, I found it to be the less fun of the 3 ports. Not taking away from it, because the beach was nice, the one restaurant I frequently went to with the crew and the shops were ok, but I have been with Carnival for 3 years and I have seen many ports and Progreso doesn't really rank up there. One real high quality stat I will give it is that it was always sunny there. Put that under the luck category, or better yet, Mother Nature! I hope this helps you, Pam. Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beaches, eat, massages, merida, mexico, mx, port, progreso, progresso, progressomexico, progrsso, reviews, shops, things