Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2006, 11:02 AM

Hello out there I was just checking the 10 day forecast for the weather out in the Caribbean and it is slated for rain everyday. Now let me first start off by saying that I am a firm non-beliver in the whole prediction of weather more than a day out....well an hour really. However since I am going on vacation next week I thought I would see if anyone out there can offer disproff to the whole weather prediction for the Caribbean. Basically I am looking for anyone who tracked the weather before they left, which of course was slated for rain, and they were pleasently surprised by sunshine. Or in a worse case scenario we find out that metorologist really do know what they are talking about.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:50 AM

I had checked the weather for my last cruise in Panama Dec 2005. The forecast was for thunderstorms all week. We were so sad that it was to rain all 10 days. Do you know we didnít see one day of rain the entire 10 days.

Good Luck hope you donít have rain.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:43 PM

Lola-1... I noticed that you posted that you cruised in December... I'm curious as to the weather in December in the Bahamas. I'm worried it might be too cold to swim. Is it?

Caribbean Hotels & Resorts
Old 08-25-2006, 05:20 PM

I am a first time cruiser leaving on Enchantment of the Seas on Monday 8/28/06.. Going to the western caribbean. It shows a tropical,or hurricane heading in that directions. I am so scared..Now what..Does the ship change destinations? Do we lose the money we put down for excursions if we can't go to those spots? Does anyone know..Scared stiff in ny..please advise..thanks
Old 08-25-2006, 05:27 PM

Your safety - and that of their ships - is paramount to the cruise lines. Cruise ships avoid hurricanes if at all possible. Your itinerary may possibly change, due to the storm - often they just rearrange the stops, but sometimes will skip them, adding another day at sea instead. If you purchased shore excursions through the cruise line and the port calls are cancelled or changed, you will get a refund in the form of credit to your shipboard account. If you purchased them on your own, with an operator in the port, you do stand a chance of losing your deposit. If you purchased travel insurance, it may possibly cover those losses.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:31 PM

As for the Bahamas weather question we went last year in Nov and it was REALLY warm not like our winters at all! I am sure the weather will be warm enough to swim if you want to.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996

Closed Thread

Tags
8282006, avoid, avoiding, caribbean, cruise, enchantment, find, forecast, line, rain, rained, seas, ships, thunderstorm, thunderstorms