Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 08:15 AM

Hi ndcurry, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Orient Beach is St. Maarten is the favorite among tourists. Be aware there is a section that is clothing optional and they do walk up and down the beach. Another nice beach is near where you dock. You can take the water taxi there. Maho beach is where the planes land practically on top of you and is another good tourist attraction. You should have no problems getting on the tramway with a walker. Can't help you with Coral Ocean Park, have never been there. Magen's Bay and Coki Beach are nice beaches. Sapphire is nice, but there are a lot of rocks getting into the water, it is great for snorkeling if the water is not too rough. Trunk Bay on St. Johns is the best, though. It is one of the top 10 beaches in the world. Have a great cruise! Once again, welcome on board!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:27 AM

Quote:
new cruiser. (use a walker) would there be any problem getting on the paradise point tramway.
Hi ndcurry, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I don't know about the walker for Paradise Point. Here is a link to their contact page, in case you hadn't seen it.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 10-18-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzincrazy:
I have done St. Thomas several times. Wait till you get off the trip tell the cab driver how many in your party and where you want to go. I told him we wanted to see the island hightlights including magan point and magan bay. We dropped a couple off at magan point beach and continued on the tour and then he dropped us off for shopping down town. He will fill the van up and price you according. I think $20 or 25. I have done this 2 or 3 times. In St. Martin I did the Golden Eagle Catamaran excursions and loved it. I am going back in May and inquired about the beach as well. I will have a 8 yr old with me. I will skip Orient Beach because of the clothing optional thing. However, I did hear that Marigot which is on the French side with Orient Beach is a beautiful place and has lots of little shops and restaurants. I inquired about other beaches to take my daugther to. I was advised that the beach right off from where the boat is which is the dutch side is family oriented. So we are going to take a taxi/van site seeing through the french side and spend a couple of hours shopping and looking around and then taxi back to the beach close to the ship. This will be on our own, not through the ship excursions. I looked at them, but most of them were only site seeing or included orient beach and I don't want to take the little one, so I decided to do it on my own. We are going on the Liberty of the Seas on May 24th. Hope this was helpful.
I will be visiting St. Maarten with my family and two children (11, and 12) in January. I was wondering how your day was by doing it on your own. I am trying to decide what we would should do. Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, carnival, cruise, excursion, excursions, jewel, maarten, martin, miracle, ncl, norwegian, orient, reviews, st, thomas