Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 05:58 AM

Hi Friends! First off, I've never cruised before.Never had a desire to until met my fiance who has cruised. Our honeymoon is a cruise to Calica,Key West via Carnival. We were told Calica was a better choice d/t hurricane damage at Cozumel,bla bla. Everything I am reading says Calica is a hole in the wall, etc. Now I'm nervous about going whether I will have fun or not. I'm not a party person, so I'm not worried about lack of party town atmosphere. I want to see the clear waters and white sand beaches more than anything else. Our 2 options for excursions are Xcaret with some snuba or scuba or the ATV with cave tours...
Somebody offer me some hope here!!!! Surely this port has something to offer or it wouldn't be a port right??
Old 06-28-2007, 06:18 AM

You will have a blast. I was in the Navy and never really wanted to take a pleasure cruise. My wife finally talked me into it in 2004. Now I am hooked.

Cozumel is a blast. We have not been to Calica yet but will be on our cruise scheduled in January to finally get my wife to Tulum. We've been to Xcaret twice and enjoy it. There are plenty of animals, iguana's are all over the place running free. There is cave tubing and snorkeling there also. They also have a beach and dolphin encounter. There are several good restaurants throughout the park also. I would recommend Xcaret highly.

Howard

Sensation - 2/2007
Carnival Glory - 10/2006
Carnival Triumph - 7/2006
Fantasy - 1/2006
Inspiration - 10/2004
USS O'Callahan
Old 06-28-2007, 06:31 AM

mojomom,

Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

IslandCruz
Old 06-28-2007, 07:03 AM

Pack you bags and leave your worried behind. Calica is not my favorite port, but its your first cruise everything will be new and exciting and you will have a blast. The more you cruise the more you will want to see. Its usually experienced cruisers that prefer not to do it again. You will love it. And key west. I loved Key West and have done it a couple of times. Cozomel is my favorite. You need to go with an open mind, enjoy it, next cruise you can better narrow down you likes and dislikes. Thats what we did.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Banned

mojomom, you have gotten some advice before me.

All I will say is...
Your cruise is what YOU make of it.
Do your research, check into all of your options, and go to that port with a great attitude in anticipation of full enjoyment.

Oh, and welcome!

A'ndrea
Old 06-28-2007, 08:59 AM

THANKS everybody! I will definately have an open mind when I go. Honestly, it doesn't really matter what we do, because I will be "free" for a couple days,(no work, no kids, no dogs... )So even just roaming the boat and admiring the views will be great!

thanks again
mojo

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-28-2007, 09:12 AM

Welcome Mojomom. Well I've never cruised before either so all I can tell you is what we plan to do on our first cruise in Sept. to Cozumel and Calica. The day we are in Calica we plan on going to the Tulum ruins. We'll have our beach time at Cozumel. My second choice for Calica would be Xcaret. Sounds like a lot of fun. You will have fun whatever you do. Just being away and relaxing....that's what I'm looking forward to. Have fun!

Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 AM

Tulum is awesome, the setting is beautiful and the ruins are amazing. Be warned it will be hot. I don't know if they're offering a tour to Xel-ha, but it is excellent for water sports, great snorkeling as well. Cozumel is coming along. Chankanaab Park was beautiful pre-hurricane. I've read reports that the reefs are not as good as they were, but the beach areas are ok. Paradise beach has received some good reviews as well. I bet you'll have a wonderful time no matter what you choose to do, after all you'll be on your honeymoon! Best wishes and have a great time.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:54 PM

Your first cruise will be an awesome vacation no matter where you go.

Sonny
Old 07-06-2007, 01:48 AM

A total and complete concurence with the previous post!

IslandCruz

Closed Thread