Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 07:35 AM

We just got back from cruising to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. Had a wonderful time and the food and service was excellent. I'm still waiting for my waiter to take my order and the room attendant to clean my room! The ship was beautiful and very clean. The shows were okay - have seen better on previous Carnival and RCL cruises. In Grand Cayman we took a $10 taxi van ride around town to the Turtle Farm, Hell, and the Rum Cake Factory. Also stopped at 7 mile beach were the water is crystal clear. In Roatan we took a $20/ea. ride to the beach; it cost $5 to get into the resort, but it included a free drink. The ride was a little wild, but the beers were cold and we had a good time. In Belize we did the zip-line and cave tubing excursion with Xtreme. Our guide was "King" David and he was excellent. The zip-line was a lot of fun and the cave tubing was great too - I highly recommend this excursion. In Cozumel you can shop till you drop - by far the best shopping and prices. We also rented a Jeep and rode around the island. The shoreline was changed quite a bit due to hurricanes, but it's still a nice place to see. Our only issue was with our room. We originally chose a room for four, but one guest dropped out at the last minute and we were moved to another room without being advised. Unfortunately the new room was right under Rosie's Restaurant and it was very noisy; you could hear kids running and chairs scraping the floor. About 4 a.m. we could hear carts going back and forth, so we didn't get much rest. We know they have the right to change your cabin assignment, but since we booked way in advance and took the time to pick out our original room, we really wish they had offered us the chance to pick out the new room. Overall, we did have a wonderful time and can't wait until our next cruise!
Old 07-05-2008, 05:27 AM

Welcome back, kwtraveler!

Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise despite the cabin change. Thanks for the great review. I can't wait to finally do the cave tubing!

Dwayne
Old 07-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Hi kwtraveler,

You have the same Valor topic thread going in the Carnival section. So I'll close this one to avoid confusion.

Please continue here.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
room