Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2006, 05:03 PM

GOING TO NASSAU...WOULD LOVE TO VISIT ATLANTIS BUT IT SOUNDS TOO EXPENSIVE AND THE KIDS ARE GOING TO NUTS WANTING TO SWIM IN THE POOL...PLEASE TELL ME HOW MUCH IS IT TO VISIT AND USE ALL THE FACILITY AMMENITIES...OR IS IT BETTER TO GO TO ANOTHER BEACH..THEY WOULD LOVE TO JET SKI...HELP PLEASE AND THANKS
Old 06-16-2006, 08:00 AM

I believe it is $69/pp. The beach next to it is nice. You can explore Atlantis for free, but not use any of the pools or slides. The straw market is interesting, and the queen's staircase is interesting. I haven't been to Nassau in about 5 years and I'm sure lots has changed. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 06-17-2006, 10:52 AM

thanks for the info..i think i'll pass but maybe i'll find somewhere to jet ski or "banana boat" for the kids. They love water sports
Old 06-20-2006, 07:15 AM

We just got back from Nassau. I have two kids-15 and 17. My daughter loves animals so we went to the zoo, about 1 1/2 miles from the downtown area. We walked there but brought a taxi back. The zoo is small, it wouldn't take long to walk through the whole zoo. The zoo has a parrot show (You go in the cage and the parrots land on your arm and eat out of your hand. They will also perch on your head) and a marching flamingo show. Admission is $12. YOu can get a brochure or go to the website to find out the times of the different shows. We also took a taxi over to Paradise Island, the public beach is by Atlantis. The sand and water were very clean. No charge to swim there. They do charge for chairs. Jet skis could be rented. The vendors will come up to you and offer to rent you one, they will barter the price. My son rode one for 30 minutes for $25, they originally wanted $40 for 30 minutes. Atlantis has security guards who check for passes to make sure that anyone walking around the hotel is a guest. They do provide tours that you can schedule through RC or on your own when you get there. You could also go to Atlantis's website for info and cost of their tours. The hotel is unique. I think if we went again, we would take one of the island tours to learn more about the people and history of the island.

Closed Thread

Tags
advise, cruise, nassau