Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 04:04 PM

When you first open the website for "Port Reviews" you can go to to differenct ports and yu get great descriptions of each plus as you scroll down you come across past reviews from individuals..(shows their names only)...great stuff. BUT...no dates and no way to contact them? We cruise in Nov and I have already checked Aruba and Dominica. Am now checking out Curaçao. For example: Arube has a post from "Dawn" who took a Catamaran Sunset Cruise...for no info?? Are these people told not to give out specifics? etc., Why no dates? It's like the cake without the icing. I printed quite a few of these people's posts..there's great info there...but would like more details from them.
Does anyone have an answer? Is it a "miss" with the PortReviews site? Thanks in advance. Just registered to see if I could find more but nothing so far.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

Reviews submitted are not edited and were posted as the person submitted them. These are really anecdotal observations and not professionally edited. People aren't coached, and they aren't required to provide contact info. Most people wouldn't want to be e-mailed years after a cruise with people asking questions.

It is important to note the current website owner (not me) is in the process of updating the skin and therefore reviews haven't been posted for quite some time. I suggest you post specific questions about ports here in the forum area, where you will get more up-to-date information. The forum is separate from the review website, and one usually gets a response to questions from the knowledgeable members within a day or so.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:28 AM

Hi Jab70, welcome to Cruise-Chat. If you use the "Find" feature in the upper left hand corner and type in your ports, it will pull up all the posts made about them. We had booked a catamaran sail/snorkel the last time we were in Curacao. We didn't get to go because it was lightning. We have gone on a snorkel there and it was nice, we went to a sunken tug. We booked it through Princess. We've also visited the Curacao factory, toured the island with a cab driver, had a few drinks at a local bar, and gone shopping. Hope this helps a little. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Hi Jab70, welcome to Cruise-Chat. If you use the.... " Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Dave, Penny, thank you for your replies. Pretty well knew the answers...but thought I'd try. Appreciate also if people had their e-add they would be inundated...but would be nice to have PortReview at least show the date.

I had a feeling that booking through HAL I would pay more....spent the time looking...and have to say I saved quite a bit for 4 of us in Aruba & Dominica. You really have to "dig" and get away from the "usual" ways to find shore excursions. A lot of them have websites but to not advertise them except locally. Example...Aruba: "Tranquilo Charters N.V." sailboat/contact Anthony) & www.octopusaruba.com (Trimaran/contact:Jethro) Both offer full day, half day, sunset & private cruising. On Dominica, contact Yannick Xavier/WRAVE II (www.wackyrollers.com) Here, we booked a Canopy tree tour (new). All of them nearly half the price offered by cruiseline? Go figure.
Thanks again.
(

Closed Thread