Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 06:54 PM

Has anyone been on the Brilliance to the Panama Canal? If we are at the rail at 5:30 will we be able to watch passing through the locks? Then when we reach Gatun Lake should we go on an excursion there or stay on the ship for the return through the locks to Cristobal Pier?
Old 02-23-2007, 07:24 AM

Well, my wife and I are going on the Brillance Panama Canal cruise on 4/6/2007. We debated long and hard whether to stay on the ship or take a shore excursion.

We book a balcony cabin, so when we are going through the locks (has to be in the morning) we can watch everything from our room, or go atop ship to see it from there. I would imagine it will require us getting up pretty early.

If you don't take an excursion, you will not be allowed off the ship until it goes back through the locks and docks at Cristobel.

So, you have to decide if you want to be a part of the journey back through the locks during the day or if you want to see more of Panama.

We decided we wanted to see more of Panama so we have already booked the train & bus tour. It will make for a long day, but, hopefully, one we will long remember.

I should say that I am a big train buff, so our decision may have a bias!

In fact, we are taking the banana plantation train the next day in Costa Rica too!

Dolby1000

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, canal, excursion, journey, locks, panama, railroad, train