Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2006, 02:56 PM

Can anyone tell me what is in walking distance of the terminals in Cozumel, Grand Cayman & Montego Bay.
Is it safer to walk to things or take a taxi?.
Is there a taxi company that is recommended?

I have heard a lot about Paradise Beach and wondered if it was better to walk/cab to there instead of taking the cruis lines excursions - also is there a cost to get into paradise beach?
Thanks ALL

Viva Wyndham Resorts
Old 11-10-2006, 01:29 AM

I can't speak about Montego Bay. But Cozumel and Grand Cayman is what I consider safe.

You can't walk to Paradise Beach, you have to take a taxi. And to go to downtown Cozumel you have to take a taxi.

Paradise Beach is free, if you want a chair or shade just buy a drink or some food. Find Tom and tell him Dwayne sent you

There is a neat snorkeling place close to ship tenders (I know I have posted many times) on Grand Cayman within walking distance. You will be amazed at the different islands and cultures.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:45 AM

I wouldn't walk anywhere in Montego Bay! We took a tour thru the ship and I would either do that or book one thru one of the reputable guides that this board has recommended ...
Old 11-13-2006, 04:01 AM

If you tender into Cozumel, you will be taken to the downtown tender port. I just returned from the Radiance, and because Freedom of the Seas arrived before us, they were docked at the International Pier, leaving us to anchor off downtown Cozumel. We were able to walk downtown, and mostly enjoyed Los Cincos Soles and Panchos Backyard (North of downtown). The shopspeople will call at you, but not harrass you. Everyone tenders into Grand Cayman, and it brings you downtown. There is no harrassing there. In Montego Bay, we bought a ticket on the 'Hot Spots Shuttle' for $12 so we wouldn't have to hassle with taxis. You get a wristband and can get on and off at several spots, including Doctors Cave Beach, Margaritaville, and some shopping areas. Although I didn't feel unsafe, you get harrassed everywhere. We went to the Beach on the shuttle - get there early before the crowds.

Closed Thread

Tags
backyard, bay, beach, beaches, cayman, cozumel, cruise, dock, grand, montego, panchos, paradise, port, schedule, terminal