Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2006, 02:59 PM

It is our first anniversary and we are taking Adventure of the Seas to Aruba, St. Marteen, St. Thomas and Curacao. Any great excursion tips for any of these islands??? We are leaving May 7th and are VERY excited! Thank you for your help!

Michael & Janette
Old 04-15-2006, 10:14 AM

We just finished that cruise in March. I would recommend...
Palm Beach in Aruba- parasailing, restaurants, tubing etc.)
We did the Kukunokoo Pub Crawl in the evening.. (The bus ride was the best part, the first couple of bars were really lame, didnt even look like working bars?) You get a drink coupon worth 1 free drink at each bar. Beers were 7oz. beers! I didnt know they could be so small! We spent most of our time at each bar in line for our complimentary drink.
Curacau- We just kind of walked around the town and did some shopping. Not the island for great beaches.
St. Maartan- Great island for shopping and hitting some of the beaches..(try the catamaran cruise...it's a lot of fun)
St. Thomas- We've been several times, so we spent the day at St. John (short ferry ride away) St. Thomas has LOTS of shopping and Magen's Bay is one of the most famous beaches..If you're looking for a more quiet location I feel St. John is the quintessial island...lots of beaches, not so crowded and overgrown (most of the island is a national forest)
You'll have
Old 04-15-2006, 10:15 AM

FUN>>>
Old 04-15-2006, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jbrooks175:
We just finished that cruise in March. I would recommend...
Palm Beach in Aruba- parasailing, restaurants, tubing etc.)
We did the Kukunokoo Pub Crawl in the evening.. (The bus ride was the best part, the first couple of bars were really lame, didnt even look like working bars?) You get a drink coupon worth 1 free drink at each bar. Beers were 7oz. beers! I didnt know they could be so small! We spent most of our time at each bar in line for our complimentary drink.
Curacau- We just kind of walked around the town and did some shopping. Not the island for great beaches.
St. Maartan- Great island for shopping and hitting some of the beaches..(try the catamaran cruise...it's a lot of fun)
St. Thomas- We've been several times, so we spent the day at St. John (short ferry ride away) St. Thomas has LOTS of shopping and Magen's Bay is one of the most famous beaches..If you're looking for a more quiet location I feel St. John is the quintessial island...lots of beaches, not so crowded and overgrown (most of the island is a national forest)
You'll have
Thank you for the tips!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:56 AM

St marteen has great shopping. We did the land and sea tour, which was o.k., but I could have spent the whole day shopping. In St. Thomas I recommend the parasailing and the Castaway girl catamaran snorkel. They were both great and there is not much else to do in St. Thomas if you don't book an excursion or two. Limited shopping and restaurants close to the dock.
Carnival Victory-04/18/10

Old 04-24-2006, 06:44 PM

Definitely go to the Butterfly Farm on St. Maarten. So much fun, and pretty, too!
Old 04-29-2006, 06:04 PM

Our one trip there, we caught a taxi right off the ship and went to the French side while everyone else shopped the Dutch side. The French side was quiet and peaceful (found a fabulous French bakery!!) and when we went back to the Dutch side in the afternoon, the crowds were gone, allowing for much easier shopping, and even better bargains!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:49 AM

Aruba has a nice butterfly farm as well and you could do a trip to the factory that makes Blue Curacao and other liquor. Curacao has a national museum which is quite interesting.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:29 PM

We just came back from St. Martin and St. Thomas on the Jewel of the Seas. We did the Castaway Girl catamaran snorkeling trip and thought it was great. We always go to Orient beach on St. Martin. Shopping is very good there and at St. Thomas.

Closed Thread

Tags
aruba, butterfly, crawl, cruise, curacau, excursions, farm, marteen, port, pub, reviews, shopping, st, teen, thomas