Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2006, 12:44 PM

Hi there, In 10 days, I will be cruising out of NYC with NCL for my 11 day carribean adventure. I can't wait! I've been thinking about my itinerary at the ports and here's what I was thinking. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I'd love to see Mayan Ruins and rainforests. Between Roatan, Belize and Cozumel, which are the best places to do those activities?

Jamaica - Dunns Falls (I'm a chicken, but it sounds like I'll be able to climb the stairs and frolic in the water at the foot of the falls)

Grand Cayman - 7 mile beach (spending the day at the beach)Is there any other 'must see' in Grand Cayman? Perhaps the Discover Cayman Tour first and then the beach?

Roatan - Should I do the Hike and Beach tour that NCL offers? Or is this one of the best places to snorkle? The Beach Party and Canopy Tour sounds beautiful but I'm thinking sliding down mountains from a cable would be kinda scary.

Belize - Would this be the best place to see Mayan Ruins or a Rainforest? The Lost World Canopy Tour and rappelling sounds fun but I'm concerned that it is scary.

Cozumel - Or would this be the best place to see the ruins?

Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas - No idea what to do here. Hang out at the beach?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:53 PM

Hi Elle,
Stingray City is a MUST in Grand Cayman. See my post under yours in NCL. I'm on same cruise as you. Last word was Great Stirrup Cay closed due to beach erosion and we are going to Nassau instead. Word has it not to do Belize on your own. Snorkeling Shark Ray Alley supposed to be good.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:37 AM

Thanks Cynthia.

I called NCL to ask if any of the ports had changed and they told me that we would be making all stops that were on the itinerary. Why didn't they tell me we would go to Nassau instead?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:46 AM

Hi Elle.
I don't know except to say that they have the right to change plans at any time. Perhaps. there has been a different storm that has cleared up the erosion or the person that you spoke with is unaware. In either case, GSC is NCL's private island and it is a beautiful beach with all the assorted beac toys you could ask for. It is a beach day and nothing else. Very lovely.

Closed Thread

Tags
canopy, cozumel, lost, tour, world