Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 AM

Considering a 12 night cruise out of NJ in Feb or April of 2010 and wondering about the 3 day cruise out and 2 1/2 day return with regard to wave action...Has anyone taken this cruise and what was your experience regarding the cruising until you have reached warmer/calmer waters of the caribbean? At what point can you be up on the pool deck getting sun? Appreciate any input.

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-22-2009, 02:10 PM
peter l - If you are leaving from Pt. Liberty in Feb 2010 on the RCCL Explorer of the Seas you need have no fears. She is a true megaship and she rides the seas smoothly and well! She is well engineered and handles well even under the roughest conditions.

If you have fears of seasickness I suggest using seabands, eating the green apples from the buffet and taking Ginger Pills to ease any quesiness!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 02-23-2009, 12:12 PM

Thanks BillyBuzzy, we have actually sailed on the Explorer our last cruise and did enjoy her.

I haven't book it yet, just considering as a longer cruise option. I was just curious, not knowing the direction it sails just how low it takes to get into the calmer/warmer waters. We have had a couple of rough cruises and have not been impacted at all.

Thanks.

Peter1

Old 03-22-2009, 04:50 PM

Peter, I have left out of NJ in April. Depending on the current weather, it could take 1-2 days before you could start enjoying the pool deck.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:22 PM

I just got off the 12 day cruise on Friday. I was able to sit on deck by Tuesday noonish. On the way back we had cloudy and windy weather. They had drained the pools and closed the decks a couple of times due to rough seas and winds.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:22 PM
We took the Legend out of New York in Jan. - definitely a bit of side to side action the first day but not too bad overall. Kind of fun experiencing the gradual change of climate - at least going down.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:32 PM

Yea, its not fun coming back into the cold climate!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruising, days, explorer, jersey, nj, reviews, rough, seas