Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2006, 08:12 PM

i read alot of the reviews on this site, both good and bad about visiting roatan and how to get the best value out of your cruise ship stopping at this port. the one name that kept coming up was theris dixon and victor bodden. i was able to contact and speak to via e-mail to theris and we booked a tour with her group. the cost was $25 a person and belive me, it was worth it. she and her driver met us just outside the gates when we got off the ship. she had a driver assigned to us that spoke perfect english and was very knowledgeable. he took us out for three hours and showed us the entire island. had it not been overcast and a little rainy we would have ended up at the beach where he was prepared to spend the day and then take us back to the ship. the weather did not allow it so we ended up going back to the ship after the tour. her group was dependable, they were there when we asked them to be and i felt safe and we enjoyed seeing his island with him. to get in touch with either of them just e-mail them and send it to yahoo.com. she replies soon after and is a delight to work with. it is therisdixon@yahoo.com

gloria feldman
Old 01-04-2007, 08:59 AM

Thanks very much for the info!
I will be in Roatan on Jan. 11/07 and I just emailed them, hopefully I can arrange something with them.
I'll let you know. Thanks again.
Any other tips for Roatan?
Christine
Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 PM

Hi, I was in Roatan 2-06 we went to a resort next to a popular resort Henry Morgan, I cant remember the name of it it way Mayan ???? but right next to Henry Morgan resort. Which is also very close to Tabyana Beach which is very popular w/ the excursions from the ship. It was so beautiful there, a little hut that sold drinks/ snacks, bathrooms, minimal shopping, massages offered on the beach... very nice. We took an independent taxi ( one NCL reccomended during the Roatan talk) When we left the beach we did a bit of shopping, used the internet cafe ( CHEAP) and had lunch. The resturant looked out towards the ship, lots of crew were eating there. My husband said it was the best shrimp he'd ever had!
Originally we had planned on spending the day at Baan Suerte Spa they were planning on picking us up, offering massages and snorkling, but I booked the wrong day and they were full the day we were in town. I read about it online and were in contact w/ them via email. We drove by the spa it looked nice and had rave reviews online. Oh well... anyway, have fun it's a beautiful spot!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
baan, back, cost, cruises, honduras, port, reviews, roatan, rotan, spa, suarte, suerte, taxi, theris, therisdixonyahoocom, yahoo