Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LHT28:
quote:
Originally posted by RichC:

It could be similar. I'd be really ticked if I had gone to the beach & were doing a little last minute shopping upon returning to be told I had to change first. We've never had problems in Bermuda doing such.
You went shopping in swimwear & they did not ticket you?
When we were in Bermuda many years ago we saw the police give a guy a ticket because his shorts were not the proper length.
That may have changed now.

Nope, no tickets or warnings for either bathing suit or shorts. Perhaps my bathing suit wasn't as apparent as some could be. I'm sure there are some that may possibly be objectionable so therefore they have a law to use as needed.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:35 AM

Let's, for the sake of argument, assume that you took a towel from your stateroom with you to the local beach. Upon leaving the beach in your speedo, you decide to wrap the towel around you sort of like an impromptu Asian sarong. Would that be allowable? It would conform to local decency laws and still not force a change of clothes before entering the shopping areas.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Somehow I don't think a towel would fly. The new Grenada Police Commissioner seems to be quite adamant.

What does Bermuda do to enforce payment of clothing tickets? Would they run through the list of passengers before the ship sailed? If a passenger didn't pay and skipped out, I guess they proclaim him persona non grata?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
Let's, for the sake of argument, assume that you took a towel from your stateroom with you to the local beach. Upon leaving the beach in your speedo, you decide to wrap the towel around you sort of like an impromptu Asian sarong. Would that be allowable?
Would it be allowable where you live?
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 01-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
What does Bermuda do to enforce payment of clothing tickets? Would they run through the list of passengers before the ship sailed? If a passenger didn't pay and skipped out, I guess they proclaim him persona non grata?
Good question Dave
We were there many years ago before the influx of cruise ships
They would have only a couple in the week
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 01-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Administrator

The Bermuda law says shorts cannot be more than 6" above the knee but I can't find any info on penalties. Perhaps a first time offense is just a warning.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:41 PM

I love it! For all the non-smokers, you'll be happy to know. I think the entire Caribbean has gone to no smoking in bars, even if they are totally open air. Barbados will not allow you to smoke anywhere on the dock/terminal area.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
The Bermuda law says shorts cannot be more than 6" above the knee but I can't find any info on penalties. Perhaps a first time offense is just a warning.
Or maybe they have done away with the penalties

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Administrator

How this skimpy dressing is encouraged: No Pants Day

I have a world renowned sense of humor, and a history as a prankster and class comedian (not clown). But these people must be stopped before they contaminate the rest of the world. We can be thankful for the bulwarks of Grenada and Bermuda!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't like looking at myself in a Speedo, and I'm sure nobody else does either:-)...It's their country and their rules...good for them...now to get rid of t-shirts and baseball hats in the diningrooms at night.....Happy cruising anyway:-)...

4 days to go..

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
anti, beach, bikini, code, cruise, dress, dressing, exposure, grenada, grenadadressing, indecent, regulations, restaurant, ship, thong