Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 PM

If we buy things while we are docked in a port, I know I can bring it back on the ship, but can I bring it back on the plane as well?
A friend recommended trying to pack what we need in our two carry on's. (don't know flight information yet, so I dont' know if my restrictions for the airline will allow me to do this or not). If that's the case, what do we do with merchandise? I read on one airline that you are allowed one back of duty free merchandise in addition to your carry on. Is this standard for everyone?
And one last thing. A cruise tip I read said bring pillows. How the heck am I supposed to get all this stuff on the plane???
**trying not to stress out....trying not to stress out...***
Anyone who gives me any kind of advice is absolutely wonderful!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Administrator

I am not sure what you mean. Airlines don't care about how much duty-free merchandise someone brings. They are not involved with the tax status of stuff. Limits have to do with numbers of checked bags per passenger and the weight of the bags. The biggest issue is to make sure things you pack - both in checked baggage and in carry-on bags - meet the requirements of TSA because that can get you in trouble from a legal point of view.

Also - what you buy in a port may not necessarily be allowed back aboard the ship. For instance, if you buy liquor it will be taken from you when you enter the ship and then returned to you on the last day of the cruise.

As for pillows - that is a new one on me. I've never felt the need for my own pillows while on a cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
back, bag, box, bring, bringing, buy, cruise, cruse, duty, free, limit, merchandise, port, ship, stuff