Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 02:33 PM

mikethekid, that is what I wanted to know about the Taxi's.

Yes, I never thought about making sure we had "enough" time to get back in, until I went to our travel agent's agency, and they had all the different ship reps there talking.

One of them mentioned (I already knew this) if we were late for the ship, they would not wait for us. Of course, if we took a tour with the "ships rep, or who they represented", then if our tour was delayed, they would make sure, we got on the ship. So thus, if we do our "own" touring, as you said, we will have to make sure we are back in plenty of time, which I have been in my past tours over the years.

brneyes
Old 01-14-2008, 03:00 PM

No problem

Always give yourself extra time...that extra hour or so at the beach is not worth missing the ship.

Oh my last cruise, we were on one of Carnival's excurions in San Juan. On the way back, we hit terrible rush hour traffic. We just barely made it back in time. Had we been off on our own, I would have had a heart attack wondering if we were about to miss the ship.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:35 PM
brneyes- For sure we will update you on Tortola-We found it to be a very "laid back" island in Dec. 06 and are very happy to be returning! We have been reading up on it and are seriously considering a more extended, non-cruise vacation to the island in the not too distant future. We understand the full moon party at Boomba's shack is incredible. When I asked the police chief in Tortola about drinking and driving he said, quite simply "As long as you don't do both at the same time!"-and he was quite serious about it! The rest of the island seems to reflect that spirit!

BillyBuzzy
Old 01-15-2008, 10:14 AM

Yes I agree. I always try to make sure that if I go with a tour agency, not "contracted" by the ship, they always have plenty of vans/buses, should ours break down, if you know what I mean? I actually find that if you go with a group of 4 or more (taxi, tour bus/van), if you should have problems, there is generally a way out for HELP, if you know what I mean?

I found that through these cruise forums, that is how I have found "good" tour agents to tour with, and we have always been happy with them.

brnyes
Old 01-15-2008, 10:57 AM

Sounds like FUN . I'll be "waiting" for your "hopefully" GOOD report.

brneyes
Old 01-15-2008, 12:11 PM

whats up with all the quotations? i feel like im on the outside of an inside joke
Old 01-25-2008, 07:26 AM

We were on the Miracle in May last year. We stopped in Tortola, the weather was hot and hazy, and it did rain for about 20 minutes. We did the island tour through Carnival, it was well worth the $, (which wasn't very much), it was about a 4 hour tour and we went around the whole island and to Pusser's Landing. It was great! We learned alot.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:30 PM

I have heard of Pusser's Landing, so I definately want to check it out.

Thanks for your input.

brneyes
Old 01-25-2008, 02:39 PM
We'll be at Pusser's Landing purchasing the necessary ships supplies on 3Feb.-also included will be a stop at Boomba's shack and Cane Garden Bay!

BillyBuzzy
Old 01-29-2008, 01:14 PM

Billybuzzy, well your TIME is almost here.

When you get back, would you mind reporting just a tad of what you found or seen there?

It is just "2" months exactly for when we FLY out of this COLD/WINDY/SNOWY Kansas City. Can't hardly wait.

brneyes

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beaches, bvi, cane, catarmaran, cruise, port, review, reviews, road, taxi, tortola, tortolabvi, tortolla, town