Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2006, 06:10 PM

WOW!!!
Just wanted to share with anyone who is going on the Western Exotic Carribean, and has Isle Roatan on their itinerary..........
We found the most absolutely beautiful beach there, it was our own little paradise for 4 hours! My husband and myself were somewhat unsure about even getting off the ship at this port as we watched from our balcony as we were approaching Isle Roatan. It looks quite un-eventful to say the least. But, our breakfast server for that morning suggested a $25.00 taxi ride per person round trip to take us to "West Bay Beach". We figured, what the heck.....we will probably only be in Isle Roatan once in our lives. BOY, were we ever glad we took her advice. It was not only a beautiful 35 minute drive, but our taxi driver did an awesome job at filling us in on the area, and knew right where to stop for some amazing photo ops. We fell in Love with the beach as soon as we arrived, and apparently not too many people were aware of this tucked away beach. It was in fact the most expensive per person beach destination......that is why I am guessing that people do not choose to go there. Which was fine by us, we had our own little paradise away from the 3500 other people that were on our ship!! We managed to find 2 beach chairs right next to a little stand that was serving $1.00 beers, and fresh pina-colada's, even watched them break the coconuts open ourselves. What more could we have asked for???
Wish someone would have suggested this to us via one of these cruise-chat polls.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Sounds great! I will remember that for my next trip there.

Thanks!!
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 03-19-2006, 06:16 PM

Roatan is my favorite destination so far!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:44 PM

I am online right now planning our return to Isle Roatan....for more than just a 4 hour excursion. My favorite cruise port thus far!!
How has this been kept such a secret??

Joan
Old 03-20-2006, 03:36 AM

I think people are put off by the poverty. I have read posts along those lines. I love Belize, too, and there are people that leave there fuming that it is a cruise port. It is true that in Belize City literally every house has steel security grills on the doors and windows- even on the second floor! I don't know how tourists fare there, however. I would really like to return to Belize for a week or two.

Roatan is beautiful- I'm glad you had a good time!
Old 03-20-2006, 05:04 AM

jm,
Thanks so much for sharing that little secret. I have not yet been there, but am hoping that I might be able to do so this year. I will definitely tuck your suggestion away as that sounds exactly like the kind of experience I love.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, hondourus, honduras, ilse, isla, isle, isleofroatan, pictures, port, reviews, roaran, roatain, roatan, roaton, routam